Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #1

2014 Whitehawk Decals

Just went and picked up our 2014 whitehawk from the dealer. They had it all winter to fix some warranty issues. Got it home and notice the whole front decal is peeling off, mot just one but all three on the front. Fender skirt is cracked, I assume from expansion and contraction thru the winter. Piece of rubber moulding trim on outside of slide has pulled away from the glue at the top. Guess tomorrow I go back to see when they can fix these. Anyone had success getting the decals taken off and not replaced, how do you clean the front up properly
Dwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:39 AM   #2

We just noticed that our new 2014 Jayco Whitehawk decals are doing the same thing. What did the dealer do to solve this issue?
jnelipowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelipowitz View Post
We just noticed that our new 2014 Jayco Whitehawk decals are doing the same thing. What did the dealer do to solve this issue?
Experienced severe paint fade on the front cap of my 14 W Hawk that was repaired by Jayco under warranty. Decals were fine, but the process they used to fix the cap was to strip and repaint the dark brown, apply a new clear coat and then apply all new decals. Have to say the finish looks great. Just picked it up from the dealer 2 weeks ago so time will tell, but the cap has more of a car like clearcoat finish. Decals were applied by a tech who also does striping on Corvettes at the corvette factory next door to the dealership.

Get it in to the dealer if you are still under warranty. I sent pics to the dealer that were forwarded to Jayco to get approval to do repairs under warranty. That will save you time with out your TT.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote