Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #11

Good news. Sounds like they are trying to make things right.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #12

Here's another vote for "seasoning" the tent ends as soon as you have the trailer and it's a nice warm/hot day. I did this three times as recommended and the ends have remained dry through some serious rainstorms. I also agree with the other poster who cautioned about making sure the tent end fabric is not pinched between the the seal and door.

tbwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #13

Being a long time tent camper you learn that periodic maintenance includes sealing the seams. Fabric and thread dries out and shrinks causing the needle holes to leak. Once a year or every other year is all it takes to prevent these leaks. Now, if I can only figure out the caulking

David & Sandy Hinkle
2014 X23B
2007 Honda Ridgeline Traded
2016 F150 Max Tow, Tow mirrors
dhinkle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #14

Wet canvas ends

I will definitely season the ends. Unfortunately this was a case of mother nature "seasoning" them over the winter before the trailer was sold.

My guess is the dealer pinched some canvas when closing. Some ends were worse than others, but all three had mildew stains & significant water stains in the mattress folds.

(A gas card or surge protector would be adequate compensation, don't you think)
Old 04-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #15

Long story short: Picked up trailer as new on April 3. All three ends had mold & water damage. Since trailer has 4/14 date on it, I'm guessing it was packed up poorly at the dealership at some point last year.

Two weeks after deliver, three new mattresses & three canvas ends arrived. Dealer installed them within a week.

I think we're FINALLY ready for a shakeout trip!
Old 07-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #16

Leaking in all 6 corners of hybrid ends.

We bought a Jayfeather X18D year, 2014, brand new from the dealer. Used it 4 times last year and twice this year. No problems until our last trip. It rained the last night, when we woke up ALL 3 beds were wet in the 6 corners. It was seems to be leaking in through the seam where the front of the bunks on the lower corner by the side windows. I brought it to the dealership, they were very good, check it all and found it was leaking, took pictures, and sent them to Jayco. Jayco finally responded and said that there was nothing they would do, that I could try seam sealer myself. Now like I said this was purchased brand new, I followed all the instructions about "seasoning" the canvas, and have been diligent about cleaning it properly using oxy-clean as was suggested. I could see if it was just one corner maybe, but all 6, this does not sound correct to me. Has anyone else had this problem
amac0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5swigerts View Post
Long story short: Picked up trailer as new on April 3. All three ends had mold & water damage. Since trailer has 4/14 date on it, I'm guessing it was packed up poorly at the dealership at some point last year.

Two weeks after deliver, three new mattresses & three canvas ends arrived. Dealer installed them within a week.

I think we're FINALLY ready for a shakeout trip!
Great news and congratulations! I can tell by the photos who your dealer is. We've purchased 3 Jaycos from them between 1993 and 2013. BTW, the parts/service department is always happy to answer questions if you need to call them.

My wife got a kick out of finding our delivery photo on the board during a followup for accessories!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #18

Dealer

No secret, I guess. Burlington has been VERY good to us post delivery. After our maiden, our bathroom light went out. They were ready to send a tech more than 70 miles to my house to figure it out before our next trip. No mileage charge, just his time on site. (Thankfully, I got smart & pulled the switch & found one of the wires had popped off the post)

Four trips down, zero issues. Three more scheduled for August! This thing is too much fun!!
Old 08-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #19

Does your Envoy have the I6 or 5.3 V8? We had a Trailblazer EXT with the I6. Our X20E is similar in size and weight to the X18D. It towed OK, but not great. Since it had 160k on it we decided to sell and buy a bigger truck. Man, what a difference!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #20

Envoy XL

We have the I6. About 140k on it at the moment. Hope to run it into the ground because I really like the vehicle.

I've never pulled anything this large before, so I don't know any different. That said, I am avoiding any long range trips until we have a bigger motor to haul with.

For tripping around Wisconsin, we've been comfortable hauling it around. We'll see how the transmission likes me by next season.

Tags
canvas, damage, hybrid, x18d