Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #1

32TSBH Furnace

The furnace on this unit is designed to have all of the important components accessible from the outside; the moron "engineers", however, have not provided any exterior access. The furnace is very susceptible to lighting problems, and you have to pull the furnace to diagnose/correct them. Ring any bells with anybody? I love the layout of this trailer, but the design and layout of the mechanicals is of extremely poor quality.
tamosaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #2

Mine is the same way. I even called Jayco and asked how can the trouble codes be read. Their response was, much to my amazement, you must removed the couch, the furnace box, and ultimately the entire furnace. And hope you have not disturbed the cause of the problem rendering the trouble code gone. The only thing that is accomplished is a huge labor charge for removal and re-installation. This is a perfect example of a bone-headed engineer designing something he knew he would not have to service....or pay to have serviced. IMO this is a MAJOR design flaw.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Funny I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago - noticed only a direct vent but no typical cover to access the actual furnace like every other Suburban/Atwood equipped RV I've owned. My only thought was that a full cover would have limited their installation location. On ours, it's in the back bunk room and because of this is at the end of the trailer. This design is poor because its loud in the bunk room and means the heat has to run over 33' to reach the front bedroom.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote