Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2022, 05:30 PM   #1

Air in line when using water pump

We’ve been camping for 4 days using the water pump and fresh tank. Been working great, but I ran it a little low last night and got some air in the lines(my theory anyway). I’ve since re-filled and still have air. Any magic way to purge that air besides running the faucets forever? I’ve run them, but the air persists. No leaks anywhere. Pump doesn’t cycle on its own or anything. Pressure is good, but kind of noisy and water comes out pulsing.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:10 PM   #2

Just make sure to bleed all faucets, dont forget outside shower, etc. Hot side also.

Maybe look at the pump input screen to see if something sucked up into it.

Dont know, usually a simple all faucet bleed solves it.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:45 PM   #3

The hotwater tank, is a big culprit, it takes a while to get the air out.

X2 on the inlet screen on the pump. Also check your winterizing valves to confirm they are fully thrown. Also, dis you have to remove the cone washer on city water inlet? Check that it is properly seated.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:36 PM   #4

Thanks. I’ll check that screen tomorrow morning. It doesn’t seem to do it when using just hot water. Probably because the hot water tank is full and it’s just back filling that.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 06-23-2022, 11:02 PM   #5

Ran a few full bowls in the toilet. Seems like it uses the least water/time running. That took care of it. First time I’ve had it last more than a few seconds on a faucet in the 6 years I’ve been doing this, so I was thinking something was up with it. It first started with a toilet flush, so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows.

RVing makes me just assume something is broken.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 06-24-2022, 09:10 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Ran a few full bowls in the toilet. Seems like it uses the least water/time running. That took care of it.

RVing makes me just assume something is broken.
Me three, I hold my proverbial breath every time I operate the slides and /or auto-leveling system. This past adventure I was on a slight front to rear downward slope and the auto leveling jacks went berserk. First I got a low voltage flash as only one rear jack deployed about halfway, auto retracted, then both rear jacks fully deployed, but low voltage flashed again. Got home, auto deployed and everything worked like a charm. The only thing I can figure is the smoke offering from my world class BBQ'ing between arrival and departure had pleased the RV Gods this day.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
Me three, I hold my proverbial breath every time I operate the slides and /or auto-leveling system. This past adventure I was on a slight front to rear downward slope and the auto leveling jacks went berserk. First I got a low voltage flash as only one rear jack deployed about halfway, auto retracted, then both rear jacks fully deployed, but low voltage flashed again. Got home, auto deployed and everything worked like a charm. The only thing I can figure is the smoke offering from my world class BBQ'ing between arrival and departure had pleased the RV Gods this day.

Funny…. And relatable.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW