Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #41

We moved today to Jacksonville FL (approx. 175 miles), no problems with the new wheels.

As I was driving over I was thinking about any common tread with the cracked rims.
One thing I thought of was both times I found the cracked wheels it was at the same Campground.
Do not know if it has something to do with that CG, when entering you almost have to make a U-Turn across quite a large crown in the road.

Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #42

We have a 2011 Pinnacle 36RETS, and our wheel weights are similar. Last time we weighed, trailer weight was 15,650lbs. We just recently replaced the original Sendel T03 wheels with HiSpec 17.5 wheels and H-rated tires, and I have the original wheels, with the tires removed, in our cargo bay.

On close inspection, I don't see any signs of cracking. We have put about 25,000 miles on our Pinnacle. We are fulltimers. We have, on occasion, maneuvered into tight CG spots, so the stresses seen by our wheels are probably similar. Possibly, it was a bad batch out of production which resulted in four wheels cracking.

David and Denise, fulltiming since 2011.
Blog: www.canadafulltimers.blogspot.com
Pinnacle 36RETS, Samsung RF197 refer, 17.5 wheels/H-rated tires, Mor-Ryde pinbox, wet bolts and X-Factor, Monroe shocks, TireMinder TPMS.
2013 GMC 3500HD DRW 2wd, AirLift rear airbags, Curt Q20, 46 gal ATI transfer tank, Yamaha 3000iS in pickup bed
huronwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by huronwoods View Post
We have a 2011 Pinnacle 36RETS, and our wheel weights are similar. Last time we weighed, trailer weight was 15,650lbs. We just recently replaced the original Sendel T03 wheels with HiSpec 17.5 wheels and H-rated tires, and I have the original wheels, with the tires removed, in our cargo bay.

On close inspection, I don't see any signs of cracking. We have put about 25,000 miles on our Pinnacle. We are fulltimers. We have, on occasion, maneuvered into tight CG spots, so the stresses seen by our wheels are probably similar. Possibly, it was a bad batch out of production which resulted in four wheels cracking.
Our weights are similar and towed mileage similar, we thought about going to the 17.5" Tires and Rims but stayed with the 16" Wheels with "G" Rated tires.

We are looking at moving up to a Curt Hitch Q24 (replacing our 10 year old 16K Husky due to wear and some rust), any thoughts, comments or opinions on the Curt Hitch?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #44

Rob we have the Curt Q24 and it does a great job.

Sorry to hear about your rim problems and will continue to monitor ours.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #45

Have you contacted Jayco about the other two cracked rims? They might also step up to the plate on these as well. Good to hear that they are taking responsibility for the second one, even if out of warranty.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
Have you contacted Jayco about the other two cracked rims? They might also step up to the plate on these as well. Good to hear that they are taking responsibility for the second one, even if out of warranty.
I have sent them pictures and info on the other two cracked rims, have not heard anything back from Jayco via phone or email.
There may be something in the mail from them, have not seen our mail for a few weeks, will get mail updated from our daughter next week.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #47

Update

Jayco has stepped up even though we are a couple of month out of factory warranty.

Got email confirmation today Jayco is processing reimbursement for 3 of the 4 rims I bought when I replaced the 3 cracked rims with heavy duty rims from a Hi Spec Wheel.

Now in my book, that is taking care of the customer.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 AM   #48

Update on our Cracked Rim issue.

We have now made two trips with new rims, one trip to Jacksonville FL, one trip to Atlanta GA, no problems

Jayco did step up (with us approx. 2 months out of our 2 year warranty) and covered the cost of the 3 cracked rims, received check from Jayco today.

Sold all 4 of the old rims to the recycle facility, total out of pocket cost for the replacement / upgrade to the heavy duty rims was approx. $50, we are happy campers.

Now we are set for our Spring Trip starting next week that will take us from our home base to Ft Lauderdale, FL to Baltimore, MD then Los Angles, CA.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #49

Glad to hear everything is good now Rob. Threads like this is what makes this a great site. If this was on another site (we wont mention) there would have been so much bashing and mud slinging.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 AM   #50

Wow Rob, $50 is amazing. And I agree that Jayco really stepped to the plate for you. A question about the CG with the high crown. Could it have been high enough to cause one of the wheels to lift as you were climbing onto or off the crown? Wondering if having all the weight for a side on a single wheel could exceed the wt limit on it. Jus thinking............
Oh yeah, I think your new wheels look great.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote