Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Backup Camera, Power Step, Power Mirrors not working

I know there are several thread on the internet about this but I didn't see any with good pictures so I thought I would contribute. After checking all the fuses in the kick-panel (which were good) I went searching behind the dash for the inline fuse I read about. I found it, it was blown and replacing it fixed my no signal from backup camera, no auto-retract on ignition for the power step and no power adjust for both outside mirrors.

First pop off the plastic panel below the steering wheel by first pulling from the top right corner, working across the top then pop the bottom two. It may make that terrible I-just-broke-something-sound but you probably didn't. It is held on by 4 plastic and two metal fasteners. After I popped the top four it fell out of the bottom two hanging by the coach battery tie button wires which were long enough to allow the panel to rest on the floor.

Then find the inline fuse holder as circled in the attached photo. My dealer previously replaced this fuse and obviously cut all the electrical tape making mine easy to find. Yours may be buried but dig around in the wiring and it's there.

Test the fuse to make sure you found the actual problem. Replace it then turn on the ignition to make sure everything works. Clean up the wiring if you like and pop the panel back on.

I rerouted the wiring so the fuse holder kind of hangs down where I can reach it without having to pop the panel...for next time.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
D78C28A7-7F2B-4830-8414-3E71DA65995E_1_201_a.jpg  
Don_Singer is offline   Reply With Quote