Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2020, 09:28 PM   #21

same problem

I had the same problem- right front tire wear and different spacing between tires. A million emails and phone calls later, Lippert agreed to fix it, and at the same time install the free replacement Dexter axle.

We took it to the Lippert factory in Goshen IN, dropped at 7am, they had it done by noon.

Turns out a crossmember on the frame broke loose near the axles, letting the frame twist like crazy. They re-welded it, and added some extra bracing.

Sounds like you guys might have the same thing going on. Very happy with Lippert, keep talking to them.

Look above your axle hangers- the first clue that I had a frame issue was tiny cracks on the frame stiffener welds above the spring hangers.

Now we have a new front axle, but I'm still watching the back tires for excessive wear.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:20 AM   #22

I also have a cracked frame but it’s at the left rear spring mount. Lippert authorized dealership to weld it. Dealership didn’t weld it using the Lippert instructions. So I’ve ask the dealership to get approval for the repair they did, so for Lippert has continued to say not their problem. Do you have a contact at Lippert? Another interesting note I was under the trailer looking at the install of the axle and I noticed the bolts that were used to mount the axle were larger in diameter than the original ones and it looks like the dealership drilled out the frame bracket to fit the bolts. Going to contact dealership and Dexter today about it. This is crazy. Dexter wants me to measure all the spring mounting brackets distance from the hitch pin, this has already been done by the dealership, don’t understand why Dexter wants frame measurements since it’s a Lippert frame. Well time will tell.
Case79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case79 View Post
I’m still trying to get Jayco, Dexter or Lippert to stand up and help. It’s still a warranty issue. If I can’t get it settled I’ll probably end up going to an alignment place. I live in Michigan so there has to be an alignment place somewhere close
I do know that Jayco has paid for an alignment for some people in the past.
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #24

I’ll keep working at all three of them , ie Jayco Dexter and Lippert. It is Christmas and miracles could happen . Hope your holidays are awesome
Old 12-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #25

What LCI does, is make a case file, and when you call in there's a list of master techs for LCI, when one of them replies, that's the person you can continue with, via-e-mail-if you call in again it will be the luck of the draw--but after my case file was made I was able to do the e-mail thing---it worked
Old 12-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #26

Same to ya , and good luck, almost forgot, there is a reinforcement cross-member kit that you can buy, that attaches at the spring hangers to both sides, a 2 axle unit would have 3 of these cross members, and it improves tracking, and controls twisting at the spring hangers- I have it on my unit it seems to work very good-I would recommend it. there sold each-I needed 3 of them, and of course wet bolts and bronze bushings is a must.

The bronze bushing kits are much heaver than the stock on the left, the stock is a nylon bushing-really--they lasted 3,000 mile trip, the bronze kit really tighten the tracking up.
Attached Thumbnails
20180224_122249.jpg   20180226_163819.jpg  
Old 12-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #27

Lippert Contact

Lippert Customer Service is (574) 537-8900. Email is customerservice@lci1.com
Old 12-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #28

Thanks I’ll call them a see they want a copy of the frame hangar dimensions that I just completed for Dexter. I’m sure they aren’t talking about this together
Have a wonderful Christmas