Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #11

I have under $500 into the project with $130 being shipping for the tank. I will check out that website. I see you're in BC, anywhere near Kitsault?

The project is nearing completion. Monday, the parts I ordered were in so I installed the Quickie Flush and got the tank bolted back in. Yesterday I reconnected the level wires to the new Miracle Probes and reconnected the 3" toilet pipe and 1-1/2" vent pipe. Pictures to follow. Just too beat after crawling in and out of the basement hatch. Today I plan to install a new ball seal in the Sealand 210 toilet and reinstall it. After that I need to drill and tap a couple of holes in the frame to mount the Quickie Flush inlet hose. And finally I will tackle re-routing the LAV sink to the shower gray tank.

2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #12

JOB COMPLETE! Finished up Saturday, re-routing the Lav sink to the shower grey tank. Easy job but the basement is 17" high and the heat duct made it "interesting" when it came time to maneuver in there. Backed filled the new tank with well water using my Flush King to check for any leaks in the drain piping. It passed! One thing I noticed is that this new tank has more ribs on the bottom than the original one. It does not sag nearly as much with liquid in it. Anyway, here are a few more photos.

New sink pipe to grey tank:

Looking from the road side access door the capped (old) pipe can be seen as well as the toilet pipe with flex coupling:

Quickie Flush installed. Much easier to do before installing the tank (obviously not the usual option)

Quickie Flush water connection. Used #8 x 1/2" stainless steel sheet metal screws to fasten:

2015 RAM 3500 CTD
Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #13

Hi Steve, thanks for the update and more pictures. I have never been to Kitsault. At first I thought it was the small community where they were selling homes on the Internet for 10-20 grand a few years back. Did you live there when they had the molybdenum mine there? I've been to Terrace several times and spent time in Kitamat and the Queen Charlotte islands. Salmon fishing in Douglas inlet and seeing the nature in that part of our province is something I'll never forget.
Good clean looking install. It's amazing how much time it takes to do this stuff. I just installed a fantastic fan in our bedroom. Now I'm nursing a sunburn on my back. I wasn't on the roof for that long but man was it hot. Take care
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #14

I work for the man that owns Kitsalt. Havent been there yet. I put a FF in my old truck camper. Then when I got my first 5er Dutchmen 22' I swapped it with the bathroom fan. I
t was a great fan but I left it when I got my Jayco. The Northern Breeze in the bathroom is very similar but had one speed. I purchased a variable speed upgrade kit and now it is as useful as the FF.

2015 RAM 3500 CTD