Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #11

I would try the following as you need to hit the reset button.

Before your next trip dump at least 1 if not 2, 5 gallon pails of hot tap water straight through the toilet with the valve open just before you are going to hit the road. Add a 2x strong dose of chem and drive. The sloshing will help loosen the buildup. Once you get to the site level off and dump or go right to the dump station. Flush it good with a few more direct dumps of full pails straight down the toilet then put 3-5 gallons of fresh water and chem in for your stay.

If you don't fill it or come close to 2/3's then top off before you pull the valve to get a good flow out upon departure.

I always pre-treat for the next trip before departing so my tanks have water and enzymes in there to slosh around and coat the tank while driving.

I add 1/3 right out the gate to a short stay, 2-3 night so I don't have to flush so much upon departure. The longer weeks I usually just leave the pre-treat amounts in.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #12

What kind of tp is being used? We use charmin at home. It stays together and didn't break up in the jar if water test. Our local Jay C store had a ten packs for ten dollars sale on Angel Soft TP. After a bit of reading it sounded like it would work in the tank. Even though I despise that stuff, it breaks down enough to not cause problems in the tank, so I suffer through it. I also add a few gallons of water and some calgon after dumping so we're good to go for the next trip.

jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #13

We pretty much folow all this advice listed already but I do one additional thing. While camping, we use a plastice catch pan in the kitchen sink to hold all the soapy dishwater. We then dump that down the toilet, soap and all. The soap helps lubrication on the sides and more water always helps. Five gallons of water with calgon and chems after flushing gets you ready for the next outing.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #14

Take it from a new camper, water is the answer. Poop hits a dry tank, and sticks, thus starting a pile. Dry paper sticks to sensors, thus false readings on control panel. I started putting water in prior to use, using a half bowl prior to job, and water, water when I flush, and guess what? No piles, sensors that work, and I now have time for a drink of scotch!
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #15

I have a new Greyhawk 29mv and used it for the first time this weekend..
When I dumped my dark tank I expected some sort of backwash system or a nozzle in the tank to clean the tank.. Am I missing something?
Bankercajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankercajun View Post
When I dumped my dark tank I expected some sort of backwash system or a nozzle in the tank to clean the tank.. Am I missing something?
Some units have a tank flush system and some do not. I would think a Greyhawk would have one. If you do not have one, there is a clear adaptor you can purchase, it has a 45 degree bend on it and a hose fitting. I have been meaning to get one of these myself.

Before you dump make sure to fill the back tank as full of water as reasonable. I like no less than 3/4 full. It helps to flow the crude out. Once dumped, add a few gallons of water back into the tank, the amount really depends on the size of your tank, but 3-5 gallons is typical.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankercajun View Post
Our Greyhawk 31FK came with the black tank flush. Look at the city water inlet connection on the water control center. My black tank flush hose connector is directly beneath that one.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote