Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Blistering nose

Hello all,
I love these forums for all the helpful tips, hints, or information, but this time I am in need of some advise. I purchased a 31.5 FBHS back in March 2014. Early May, I unwinterized it and noticed the fiberglass nose was blistering. I immediately took it in to be checked by the dealer. After about a week I picked it up and was told Jayco was aware and a new one would be shipped in about 4-5 weeks.
Fast forward till now and many visits to my local dealer, I still have yet to even get a call from jayco or my dealer about the cap. Also, my code button door lock stopped working so I took it in. Almost one month later I still don't have a door lock.
Keep in mind I have documented every time I went in or called, the response, and the outcome. My latest search for answers was an email sent to Jayco on the 9th and I have yet to get a response. I stop in to my dealer's about 1-2 times a week to check.
I was a huge supporter of Jayco before this, but honestly won't buy another because of this. Have others had issues getting warrantty work from Jayco? As I said ,I even called them directly to get answers, but they told me they can't release warantty information that the dealer may have ordered. I am probably going to have to take this a step further I am afraid. Never in my life did I see this coming. Dealer just says Jayco is busy. In the meantime my warrantty is ticking away. Is there fine print somewhere that state "please don't use your 2yr warrantty for 7-8 months"? Geez I am fed up!!! Thanks in advance John
gacnik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #2

Sorry double post
tkhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #3

Was told 2 to 3 weeks on our cargo door when we took delivery, it will be 4 weeks on Tuesday. Starting to see a pattern
Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #4

Sorry about the problems guys but really you won't get another for non essential part. Check on another dealer to help. Ive had no major problems with a jayco and find the quality second to none. Good luck
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #5

My Bauer electrical code door lock would not work on my new unit when I picked it up. I just put new batteries in it and re-programmed a new code it. I did not want to use their dealer code. That is something you could possibly fix yourself. I would pick up my unit from the dealer and be using it. Tell them to call when part is in.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #6

Non essential parts would be couch pillows, or a torn mattress in my opinion. A fiberglass nose that looks like a teens face (haha) with the potential to leak is essential. My electrical part of the lock is working. the mechanical part is broke. Thanks guys I'm just Pis?)(d off.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #7

Do you have any pics of it. Mine looks like it has 2 bubbles around the bend at the edge where it meets the trim molding.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #8

I don't have any. Mine are in the center top and a couple under the letters.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #9

Nonexistent dealer service

I too have a problem with a new Eagle. 6 weeks old. Left with dealer to fix black tank valve. 2 weeks in shop and when I got it back the TV had been stolen. They also told me the from cap needed replacing due to stress cracks. They do not return phone calls. Suggest not deal with Dunlap RV in TN. I bought a new RV believing I would get dealer support. Very disappointing.
dennydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #10

Sorry to hear. I bought a new Eagle from the same dealer about a month ago. Did you deal with the LaVernge store?
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennydm View Post
I too have a problem with a new Eagle. 6 weeks old. Left with dealer to fix black tank valve. 2 weeks in shop and when I got it back the TV had been stolen. They also told me the from cap needed replacing due to stress cracks. They do not return phone calls. Suggest not deal with Dunlap RV in TN. I bought a new RV believing I would get dealer support. Very disappointing.
Read your post and remembered I had the owners business card from a visit last year. Owners name is Brad Soldwedel. May be the same number you have, but # on the card is 615 444 6161 for the Lebanon Tn location. I would call and ask for him directly. We didn't end up buying from him [price] but he spoke very strongly about having a high level of customer service.

Let us know how this works out.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
I have bought 4 units from Brad and his staff over the past 15 years. I have always had good service (although sometimes I wish it was faster)(Darn parts). Did they replace your TV? Also at least they pointed out the stress cracks when the unit was in for a black valve repair. Not many dealers would do that.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
Sorry to hear. I bought a new Eagle from the same dealer about a month ago. Did you deal with the LaVernge store?
Lebanon is where Dunlap RV is located. They have locations in Chattanooga and Bowling Green. They have just moved to hwy 109 off I-40. I don't understand why no-one would return calls as I didn't yell at anyone. Interestingly on a positive note they called me shortly after I posted the negative comment and said they would replace the stolen televisions.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #14

Guess i got Lebanon and Lavernge mixed up. They also have a store in Dunlap TN as well, which is where I done business at.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #15

My first outing brought a leaking black tank valve to my attention. Things got messy when I when from the woods to a campground and took the cap off. Wow I felt sorry for me.. Hahaha. Took it in for service and 8 days later picked it up and had to fix myself so I could go camp again. I didn't get my TV stolen though. I wonder how tough it is for them to change these nose caps? i heard they have to clearcoat the new ones. Is this after install or before. I don't want overspray. I still don't have any resolution to my sitsuation. Empty promises is all. other steps have been taken now. We will see if anything gets taken care of!!! OFF to go camping..
Old 07-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Lebanon is where Dunlap RV is located. They have locations in Chattanooga and Bowling Green. They have just moved to hwy 109 off I-40. I don't understand why no-one would return calls as I didn't yell at anyone. Interestingly on a positive note they called me shortly after I posted the negative comment and said they would replace the stolen televisions.
I am reposting to my own repost. After I made a negative post about Dunlap RV's customer service and my televisions being stolen. A Dunlap rep called and said they would replace the tv's. This call was this AM and shortly after that my first repost reported their offer. A few minutes ago they called back asking if I had made a negative post as they were concerned. If you wonder if anyone reports negative comments on these forums to the various businesses; apparently so. I bought new trusting I would receive good customer service which I need as I pretty limited at the service I can provide. Dunlap's rep apologized and I hope the experience is not typical.