Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #1

Bought 2015 Jay Flight Trailer ~ Warranty Work ~ Help Finding Dealer

So I bought a new 2015 Jay Flight trailer and there is a bunch of stuff that's going wrong with it. The biggest is a clear lack of caulking around the sink so the after 6 weeks the countertop is starting to come up at the seams. Lots of other issues as well ...

However, this trailer was the exact unit I was looking for. That's make + model plus it had all of the factory accessories that we wanted. We found it in a dealership that was 150 miles from our house, but in the same city where we have some family live so it was a little bit out of the way, but not really all that unusual.

So, we took possession of the trailer, noted all of the things wrong with it in the sales contract and headed on a week-long vacation.

One of the things that seemed to stand out was Jayco's 2-year warranty.

However, we can't get any local dealers to schedule service! Seriously, one told me that he was not scheduling any non-customers (didn't buy it from them) so just get in touch with the dealer that I purchased from.

Really? I get that you might want to provide a little bit of service to people who purchased from you, but to not even schedule anything?

I'm not really all that interested in spending an entire day (and maybe two days if I have to leave it there overnight) driving out there and waiting around to get these issues addressed, not to mention the $70+ in fuel that I'll have to spend.
stonepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #2

Unfortunately that is "fact of life" for RV's. Dealers are not franchised like auto dealers so they are under no obligatipn to do warranty on something they didn't sell. There are many such comments on here about that same issue.

One other RV manufacturer even stresses on their web-sitd to buy locally.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #3

Yeah, sort of sounds like that might be the way that things occur, but if I can't get timely warranty service completed on the trailer than ultimately my beef is with the manufacturer and not the dealer. But I just told off one local dealer (a large volume dealer at that) and in just a few minutes the CFO from that dealership called me and tried to make amends.

I bought Jayco because I thought the build quality would be top-notch, but this unit is highly suspect to me now that the selling dealer put it out as a loss leader as they knew is had issues.
stonepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #4

I am sorry you are learning this after the fact. However I am a little surprised in your pre-purchasing shopping and research you didn't come across this issue. It comes up in this, an all forums, weekly.

The good news is Jayco typically tries to support their customers but can't force a dealership to perform warranty service -- especially in season.

I do suggest calling Jayco directly however. If the local dealer is being particularly challenging, Jayco will often help locate another dealer or possible authorize an indedepedant service center.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #5

Which Arlington are you located, Stonepilot?

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Stonepilot just find out what Jayco can do for you. Go from there. You can send some pictures of your problems. Maybe there are things you can do yourself or with the help of a good friend. A 300 mile round trip cost money and also loss of your valuable time.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote