Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #1

Brake Repairs Under Warranty Quest

Our Jayco Talon is experiencing Brake issues again. This spring we had the pads and drums replaced by our dealer under warranty. Since then, we moved 1400 miles away and finally got to take the trailer out this weekend.

After 3 months of sitting, we took it out and I noticed that one of the brakes was hanging up when we started. Hoping it would settle down thru our trip, we continued. We got to our destination and I checked the brake temps. The driver side was at 150-160, rear passenger was at 110 and the front passenger was at 295.

On the way back the drivers side was hotter and the passenger side were cooler. The brakes sounded bad, like a sandpaper grind.

Now in Denver, I can’t go back to my dealer and there is only Camping World for Jayco dealers here. Can I go to an independent Repair Shop and if the brakes are bad, can it be repaired under warranty as we still have a year left?

Also, any locals know of good repair shops in the Denver area? Thanks
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #2

I have always had good luck with Jolly Rodgers in cheyenne wyoming. Might not be local enough for you about 100 miles away.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #3

Today, we heard the rubbing/grinding of the right rear brake. We went to a truck and trailer company for inspection. Sure enough the brake parts (tension spring among others) were damaged. Since it is still under warranty, he disabled that one brake, leaving the remaining 3 for us to get home- where I can take it to the dealer. Cost $100, hopefully Jayco will reimburse. Don't know if that is feasible for you, but it worked for us. Also, if you're still in the Denver area, a lot of RV and truck repair shops north of Denver along I25, from Frederick to Longmont.
CharlieandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #4

Jayco will approved repairs from trailer repair services. Your choice of repair service needs to call Jayco for approval.

Good luck..

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Jayco will approved repairs from trailer repair services. Your choice of repair service needs to call Jayco for approval.

Good luck..

Thanks for the info.

I don’t think the shop I want to use is interested in seeking approval from Jayco to perform any work. As much as I don’t want to, I may have to have the work done and then deal with Jayco direct.

Has anyone tried that successfully? If so, any tips or contacts would be much appreciated.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote