Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #21

On a side note I’ve also made it a habit to remove the shower head from the holder when traveling with the TT. Keeps all that bouncing stress off that bracket and allows the shower hose to drain as well. Just thought I’d throw it out there if you weren’t already doing it.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
On a side note I’ve also made it a habit to remove the shower head from the holder when traveling with the TT. Keeps all that bouncing stress off that bracket and allows the shower hose to drain as well. Just thought I’d throw it out there if you weren’t already doing it.
Funny, I started doing that as soon as I noticed the bracket screws pulling out. Great idea, though, even after I get it fixed. As an update, after seeing the wall blueprint showing a 5x7” plywood backer behind the bracket, I poked a wire into the screw hole. It hit the ply, so obviously the screw was never threaded into it. I’m thinking a longer screw will solve it, with some silicone for good measure. Thanks!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #23

This happened to my Precept 35S also. After getting it off the shower wall, I discovered the backing plate is separated from shower head holder. It took four hands, but I got it apart. I then coated the wall side of the plate with Flex Steel (as I don't ever want to move it), coated the screws with Flex Steel, and carefully pressed it to the wall (after cleaning the wall with acetone), and I screwed the screws back in place. I let it set overnight and then snapped the shower head holder in place. It has held nicely for the last three trips.

Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from an encampment.
- US Army Field Regulations, 1861
Cliff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:10 PM   #24

Just a thought but when I’m traveling I lay the shower head down on the shower floor thus taking the jostling off the bracket holding it. I also leave it laying down while it’s at the house there again taking pressure off the bracket. As far as inserts to hold the screws on the bracket tight I’ve tried a variety and none so far really work very well so right now I’ve tried a epoxy application and that plus some bigger screws seem to working fine.
Eagle One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:42 PM   #25

Loose screws

I had the exact same problem. I just backed the screws out, put glue on the threads and screwed them back in but there has to be enough "wood" there for the screws & glue to hold on to. Otherwise go with the anchors.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote