Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #1

Clear coat finish gone on a Fiberglass Pop-Up Roof

We bought a used 2003 Designer 12F5 and have had it for quite some time now. It has a fiberglass roof and the clearcoat is about 95% gone. The cover to the storage compartment is also fiberglass and no longer shines. I've waxed it over the years to at least put some protection on it. During the winter I have stored it outside next to my garage. The run-off from the roof has stained the roof because it has a pourous texture instead of a glossy finish. I scrub it every year and so far it has not leaked. I eventually covered it with a tarp and that really helped to keep it clean during storage. Does anyone know how to put a glossy finish back on the fiberglass roof and storage cover? Does it need to be stripped and have the clearcoat process redone? Would also like to fill in a few scratches from tree branches. Does it need to be repainted also?

jbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote