Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #21

When I come home from boondocking, I run a 75 foot 3/4" garden hose (used just for this purpose only) from my RV Black and Grey dump valves to the sewer cleanout line at my house.

Sure beats carrying buckets of black into my house!
https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-185550...59VZ4BYNDF0XND
Attached Images

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
As for Murf, 50/50 water and antifreeze does not change the protection level to -25.
Here is some followup information;

http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedL...0380073445.pdf

This is from a manufacture of RV antifreeze, look over the charts, it is kinda scary how small the dilution rate is to decrease the protection level

Per the first chart, to drop from -50of protection to -30oF protection is a difference of 7% added water to the antifreeze.

Per the last chart; Cut -42oF antifreeze, 50/50 with water and you get a protection level of (+)14.7 degrees. (55% glycol by volume to 25%)

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #23
tec

That’s where the problem would be, the dump valves can freeze
tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Hauler View Post
Looking for advice.

My Wife and I used the sinks and toilet in my camper a few times when boondocking without the twins a couple of nights this fall for our 5th anniversary. Thinking we had several more weekends to camp, we would dump the tanks then.

Well... the temperatures dropped unexpectedly for weeks and we never got the chance to get out again with the 18 month old twins.
I was able to drain water heater and fresh water supply, and blew air through the city line and pumped antifreeze through the plumbing.
but i still have some water in grey tank(maybe 1/3rd full at most), and still haven't dumped black tank (maybe 1/3rd full at most).
The campgrounds in my areas pumpstations are closed, but their is a rest area about 25 mins away that we can dump at. Dont know if their is water at the rest area.
i could fill black using the hose from home to ensure it flows. but there isnt much gray to rinse hose.
What would you do in this situation?
There is a sewer access, clean out port at your residence. It will fit your sewer line hose adaptor, if your hose is long enough to reach it. Just hook up a water hose to the tank flush port, or if none, the fresh water inlet and hold the toilet flush open for a time. drain the grey tank at the same time, flush via shower or wash basin, as they are closest to the tank.
Otherwise, get a handi tank, and do same if your sewer line won't reach the access port. 54 years of RV'ing, have done it all.
R E SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by R E SHARP View Post
There is a sewer access, clean out port at your residence. It will fit your sewer line hose adaptor, if your hose is long enough to reach it. Just hook up a water hose to the tank flush port, or if none, the fresh water inlet and hold the toilet flush open for a time. drain the grey tank at the same time, flush via shower or wash basin, as they are closest to the tank.
Otherwise, get a handi tank, and do same if your sewer line won't reach the access port. 54 years of RV'ing, have done it all.
X2 Exactly. Just order a rolling tote tank and get it delivered in two days. Dump into rolling tank, then take it over to your sewer cleanout at your house and be done with it. I'm thinking of ordering one just to have at the house if needed. Just get one big enough to handle your black tank volume and then your grey tank volume, i.e. 42 gal tank.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #26

I haven't seen it mentioned but Pilot, Loves and other truck stops do have dumping for a fee but usually waved of you by gas.
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #27
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
When I come home from boondocking, I run a 75 foot 3/4" garden hose (used just for this purpose only) from my RV Black and Grey dump valves to the sewer cleanout line at my house.

I used this on my old travel trailer, works great. Currently have sanicon on the 5th wheel. Still have mascerator for backup.
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post

I have used one of these for years. I added length to the power cord, attached some alligator clips to the ends to hook up to the truck battery. Keep 100 ft of hose on a hose reel just for dumping the tanks.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #29

every modern house is required by plumbing code to have a cleanout fitting within 5 feet of the house to snake out the sewer. If yours is like mine on the right side of the house you can just dump there. find out where the sewer comes out of the house and look around there.
2017 195RB
Toyota Tacoma crew cab w/ tow pkg
wife and Gracie the wonder dig
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote