Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #1

Connecting grill to trailer gas line

Hey folks I wonder if it is possible to connect my little guy grill to trailer low pressure gas line...
I read about conversion kits but they either extend from unregulated tank line or connect grill directly to low pressure line, my challenge is that my grill has a regulator integrated with flow control, so if I connect directly to low pressure line I have to either connect via regulator again(not sure it'll work) or have no flow control, is there any magic part that can help me?

Jay flight Slx 174BH Baja
Ukrainian_Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainian_Kozak View Post
Hey folks I wonder if it is possible to connect my little guy grill to trailer low pressure gas line...
I read about conversion kits but they either extend from unregulated tank line or connect grill directly to low pressure line, my challenge is that my grill has a regulator integrated with flow control, so if I connect directly to low pressure line I have to either connect via regulator again(not sure it'll work) or have no flow control, is there any magic part that can help me?

Not sure what grill you have, but in general you either have to remove the grill's regulator in order to connect it to the trailer's low pressure line, or you have to "tee" it off the big LP tank(s) *before* the regulator. It's pretty much one or the other. You can't have 2 regulators in the line, because you won't get enough pressure to use the grill.

Torjik makes adapters for connecting your grill to the trailer's low pressure line, but there are several different connectors on the grills, depending on manufacturer. The Torjik adapters are now being sold through various online stores.

Hope this helps,

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

For me connecting to tank directly is not a good option, I have a stubbed splitter on low pressure line in perfect location. But my grill does not have flow control knob (thing that makes flame bigger or smaller) on my grill this knob is integrated with pressure regulator that goes directly on disposable LP tank. So I wonder if there's a flow control valve/knob that I can put on low pressure line before the grill to make it work...

Ukrainian_Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote