Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #21

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey2j1mxdgc...39.01.mov?dl=0
Here is the leak in action

2011 Ford F-350 Powerstroke
2015 Jayco Jayflight 28 BHBE Elite
Werty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #22

Wow, that's not a drip that's a steady stream! I don't know about you but I would have been cutting the bottom of that camper immediately after seeing that to figure out what is going on. Best case it is leaking below the Floor and insulation but even if it is doing that water can wick up. I would hesitate to tear into that immediately and figure out what is going on. It looks like the bottom enclosure is also bulging around the area where the leak is leading me to believe there is water pooled up above. Does it do this all the time or just when you are running water?

You can always find a floor support joist and cut it on the middle so you can reattach it and caulk after fixing the issue.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #23

I see your Jayco is a 2015 model. Before I started tearing in to it, Id take it to the dealer ASAP!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I see your Jayco is a 2015 model. Before I started tearing in to it, Id take it to the dealer ASAP!!
I hear what you are saying but if there is going to be a few week wait or even a week wait to get it looked at I still wouldn't hesitate to cut it open myself and get it drying out. The longer you wait the greater damage and chance for mold and rot there is.

Years ago I had a blank tank flange leak while under warranty and when I got home and saw a water drip under the camper I immediately grabbed a knife and cut it open within 5 minutes and had the insulation ripped out and fans on it to dry. The service department actually thanked me for making their job easier and I slept a lot better. Definitely call them but I would stress if it is going to take time to get it in I would cut it open and start the drying process myself. I will say that I am extremely anal about things and I am also on a first name basis with the guys in the service department so they have never really given me a hard time about my willingness to tear into any issue I have had.

This all totally my opinion and others mileage may vary lol
Old 07-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #25

I have an appointment with the dealer next week. The thermal lining underneath is bolted on. I took a couple off and there is no water pooling in there. I couldn't see any holes, cracks, etc. I do think it's the grey tank drain pipe though. The problem is worse when I drain that. So Well see what the dealer says. Will keep you posted.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #26

Just received a call from the dealer trailer is finally ready for pick up. The leak was the flange that connects the grey tank to the drain pipe. They had to replace that. Plus all the insulation under the trailer. Sub floor has no signs of water damage whatsoever. It took so long for the other items that had gone wrong such as no lights working in the trailer, metal trim piece that goes from the fiberglass walls to the metal part around the bottom edge of the trailer was coming apart. Toilet wouldn't hold water and power tongue jack kept blowing the fuse whenever I would try to raise it. Hopefully all is fixed and I can enjoy my trailer again.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #27

Glad you got it solved.
That was a serious leak!
Hopefully you can enjoy camping in your trailer without any other mishaps.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote