Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #1

Control Panel Lighted Rocker Switch

Thought I would share this in case anyone else may need a replacement...
one of our Control Panel Lighted rocker switches broke, the LED burned out, as you can see on the Electric Water Heater switch is on and no light....so I researched and ultimately couldn't find anything online with the part number that is on the side of the switch...so wrote the manufacturer, Carling Technologies, and they quickly cross referenced to a good part number:
LRA511-CR-B/018V, Red Lighted, Rocker Switch, 18V....

Rep sent me a link to supplier that had one in stock...did search for part number and not many out there, as is with many parts, ... most say 12 weeks ...
Attached Thumbnails
Switch Off - no light.jpg   Lighted switch when on.jpg  
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #2

I've had to replace my electric water heater switch twice because the LED failed. Attached is my invoice where I buy them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Water Heater Switch.pdf (37.8 KB, 48 views)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #3

Copy, that’s the place the Rep gave me as well….got the last one they had…
Topperace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:29 PM   #4

I've replaced 2 of the lighted rocker switches on my 2020 HT. First the Propane heater and then the Water Pump. First one under warranty through dealer; the second was just days after warranty expired. The original switches have been replaced by a new part number as mentioned. I researched and found several other manufacturers of almost identical switches that fit and function perfectly. The only difference is some of them have different terminal layout; meaning you can connect them one way so the light is always on and the other so it only comes when the switch is in the "on" position. I found them available on several sites including Amazon. I am optimistic that these will last longer than the OEM switches.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #5

One of the two replacements was: Carling 1927R 18V rocker switch provided by my dealer as the new replacement p/n for the OEM switch.
The second I ordered from Amazon with a p/n S247 which I saw referenced in several places. Following is the link for the part I received from Amazon. It fit the opening perfectly. I had to change the wire positions slightly but the switch does work with the red light illuminated only when the switch is in the "on" position.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OAF9KE...roduct_details

If I had to make a judgment call I would say the switch I got from Amazon seemed to be better quality.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote