Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #1

Cracked sink in White Hawk

Have been on the road for 3 weeks and after a recent stop at a TX state park, DW noticed a big crack in the corner of one of the kitchen sink basins. Suspect something shifted during previous day's travel and punched a 2 sided crack big enough that you could push your finger into it. Needless to say, the evening's dishwashing resulted in a couple inches of water draining into the cabinet below and out on the floor. Sopped it all up with some draining thru the hole in the floor for drain and water lines. Did a field repair with Durabond repair tape on the underside to hold the plastic in place and a good coating of JBWeld on the top side of the sink. That corner is probably stronger than the other 3 now. Will be replacing the OEM plastic sink with a new stainless one when we get home in March.

Has anyone done this mod? The outer measurements [rim to rim] of the OEM is 24 7/8 by 18 3/4. Have found a couple of double stainless 25x19 on Amazon with high reviews and am assuming they will fit in my existing cutout. Will also be upgrading to new faucets. Only issue I don't know about is how the drain piping will line up? Any suggestions and heads up as to what to expect will be appreciates.

Enough water went thru the holes in the floor that I ended up with a wet spot on the pad under the TT. Is it worth blowing some air into the opening around the holes under the sink cabinet or opening the material underneath the trailer to dry things out?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2

Sounds like you dealt with it well. DW discovered the hard way that the kitchen sink in our Jay Feather is plastic, when she started to put a red-hot pan from the stove down in the sink. Ooops. Now there's a little bit of a dent there. Luckily it didn't melt the whole way through.

And yes, it is worth airing it out and maybe scattering some drying agent under there. Lowes sells something called "DampRid", and it's labeled for RVs and boats.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #3

Not in a White Hawk but........... http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ues-47846.html

Pictures are on the second page... enjoy!
Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #4

Bassdogs, somebody else on here just did a sink replacement and went into some detail of how he rerouted/connected his plumbing. For the life of me, I can't find the thread/post. Maybe somebody else can come up with it. Sorry
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #5

I replaced my plastic double bowl sink with a single bowl sink (still plastic) cuz I found one bowl better than two little ones. All I can say about the plumbing drain lines is...you just have to disconnect the pipes, install the new sink, make your list and hit the hardware store .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #6

FOund this style to be quite popular this year at the RV show.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg