Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #1

Delamination on 2010 Eagle

We first noticed it in July and immediately contacted our dealer. They were too busy for us to even bring it in but they said to send pictures. So I took some pictures and in mid August I did bring it in. They sent info to Jayco and I was hoping between Jayco and the dealer that they would do the right thing. But they said no.
One delam area is in the middle of the bunk slide (on the side) so I don't see how any water can just magically appear there. There would be damage elsewhere I would think.
I had our dealer but eternabond on all the roof seams but it looks like it may have gotten behind gutter. So I'm supposed to remove both gutters and my awning every year to inspect for water damage?
Just traded our Eagle in on an Open Range Roamer. What? Jayco just bought them? Sigh...
Old 10-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #2

Delamination sucks -- However the notion that "Jayco and the dealer do the right thing" is very misguided. A model 2010 TT is already 5 1/2 model years old ... The warranty and manual are very clear seals and seams are warrantied for 90 days (maybe 6 mths can't be 100% certain) and after that it's the owners responsibility to maintain them. Many of us inspect, or pay to have inspected, our RVs annually with many doing it much more frequently. What sort of preventive maintenance measures did you take to ensure the unit remained water tight?

Again I am sorry that you are dealing with this, but it is really not appropriate for you to think a dealer or Jayco has any culpability in this matter.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

By the way congratulations on the new Open Range. Stay diligent on the preventive maintenance and hopefully your won't re-live this delamination problem.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #4

I sure will. I know it is past warranty, but for a section just to bubble up with no apparent water intrusion would me and me think that it was not done properly at the time it was manufactured.
We still like Jayco's despite all the problems we have had with this camper. (Manufactured around Labor Day in 2009).
We wouldn't hesitate to get another one, but we liked the floor plan of the Open Range and thought we would give them a try.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #5

You may find that There is a big benefit to be reaped out of the Open Range purchase. Open Range did not keep records on what items went into each of there units. When the Open Range would go back to the dealers for repair, it was a common problem to determine exactly what items or trim or lights or whatever went into that particular unit. My dealership carried both Open Range and Jayco. The service manager was really excited when the purchase was announced. He said getting accurate parts for Open Range products was a night mare. He said Jayco knows exactly what went into each of there units according to the vin number. According to him, he can already see improvements in parts coming from Open Range.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #6

I'm not a disgruntled owner and I hope I didn't come off sounding that way. I think of all the brands out there the quality of Jayco is still superior to almost every brand.
We go to every rv show around us because we like to look and most other brands with their cheap cabinets and formaldehyde out gassing gives us a headache in no time.
We are looking at getting a 5th wheel in about 10 years to live in full time. It will be interesting to see what changes are made in the next decade.
And Jayco will probably be at the top of our list when we look.