Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #1

Dometic Power Awning and Arm Bolts

Hello Jayco family.. I guess that in every trip I make in the future, something else is going to happen. Probably I should go back to tent camping....

Last Saturday night I went out to retract the awning back because it was my last night and it helps to keep the awning moisture free (Makes it easy to clean the next day). I noticed a weird sound and decided to extend it and check. I found that the Bolt that holds the top arm was missing the clip(the ring with little teeth), it made his way out while I was retracting the awning and part of the left arm felt out and bended the area where bolt goes a little bit.
I was not able to put the original bold when it could fit by just a hair but I did not wanted to apply pressure and make things worst. Beside I did not have those clips to keep the bolt from getting loose again. I friend of mine gave a different bolt that could fit and after that I was able to retract the awning with no problem. It was 99 percent close and the temporary bolt was able to holdon on the way back.
I will contact the dealership to see if they have the right bolt and hopefully they can fix it in 10 or 20 minutes, but I wanted to ask someone if they have the same or similar experience and if this is something that I could repair on my own. Could I get the part from ACE Hardware or these bolts are manufacture specific?
Thanks
orlstgo is offline   Reply With Quote