Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 664
Got a new part # from Jayco that is supposed to fix the problem. It's part # 0223430. Surround Sill Extrusion. Its cut to size with ball stud and thin nut. but whats to say this won't happen again.
__________________

__________________

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
tslarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW Wisconsin
Posts: 342
Finally got around to checking my door a little closer. The ball is loose where it connects to the door, I can here it clunking when the door hits its full open extension. I tried tightening it but it just spins in the door. Looks llike I need the kit too. Thanks for the part number.
__________________

__________________

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 664
I case anybody is wondering... The new part came in (part # 0223430 Surround Sill Extrusion) and I finally installed it (simple install). The door is much better now. The part was also in-expensive (about $22.00).
__________________

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
I case anybody is wondering... The new part came in (part # 0223430 Surround Sill Extrusion) and I finally installed it (simple install). The door is much better now. The part was also in-expensive (about $22.00).
Is the new part any sturdier than the old one? It seems to me that letting the door swing open on its own power (gas strut) would eventually destroy any strut attachment. A slow acting strut might help. I'm afraid a weaker strut might not help that much. It's the weight of the door that does the damage. A weaker strut would have enough "umph" to get the door moving fast enough for a good pull at the end of its travel. A much weaker strut might not have enough "umph" to keep the door from flopping around in a breeze.

I'm grumpy today 'cause I'm in the office.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Is the new part any sturdier than the old one? It seems to me that letting the door swing open on its own power (gas strut) would eventually destroy any strut attachment. A slow acting strut might help. I'm afraid a weaker strut might not help that much. It's the weight of the door that does the damage. A weaker strut would have enough "umph" to get the door moving fast enough for a good pull at the end of its travel. A much weaker strut might not have enough "umph" to keep the door from flopping around in a breeze.

I'm grumpy today 'cause I'm in the office.
I do think it's sturdier that the old. However its not the strut that was replaced. It was the bottom of the door where the strut attaches too. I do think over time it will probably break again if the door is continuously flung open. A better strut might also be helpful!

No need to be grumpy...just think of your next camping trip!
__________________

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
No need to be grumpy...just think of your next camping trip!
Right on!
We're going to Memphis on 8 Oct. We're more than ready. Even the wienner-dog is looking forward to it - at least that what I think she's looking forward to. Could just be dinner, who knows?
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
JAMMFAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 147
"My brother in law deposited his strut in a dumpster at a campground. That ended most future problems. He did install a rubber bumper/fastner to hold the door open. "

x2, just get rid of the strut.
__________________

__________________
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3/ 3.73 Tekonsha Primus brake controller
2011 JayFeather Select 29L
Husky Centerline WDH
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.