Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #1

Dorm refrigerator

Has anyone else seen this as a problem. I have a outside kitchen and it has a dorm fridge in it. The problem is they put these things in a enclosed space unless you keep the door open there's no way to vent the heat generated while its running. Sure can't leave the door open all the time. I've been thinking about some small vent fan to ventilate and vent louvers in the door. Anyone else done something like that if so how did you do yours?
Old 04-30-2021, 07:39 AM   #2

30.5 mlok

hi I read your post this morning , and as we owned a eagle ht 30.5 mlok 2018, we also have the dorm fridge in the outside kitchen, and did you thing that the fridge produce enough warm temp. that coud damage.

2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #3

My outdoor kitchen is not what I would consider a "sealed space". There are plenty of open panel gaps and spacing going back to the interior of the rig that should provide adequate venting for the fridge. Haven't had any issues since new.

My kitchen space backs up to a storage area and some dead space with plenty of 12V wiring available so I certainly could hook up some sort of vent fan if I wanted to. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze though.
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote