Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #1

Dual Pane Window Problem

First of all I love dual pane windows and would not own an RV without them, but things do require maintenance and issues do develop. With this being said:

I have 14 windows in my Designer and as of a couple of days ago I have 6 that have moisture between the two panes. You can only see it when the outside temperature is above 80 so there may be more that I just haven't seen yet. I am two years out of warranty and Jayco's extended warranty, which I still have, excludes windows. I have asked my dealer to pursue this with Jayco as a major vendor supplied failure rather than just a random failure. I haven't heard anything yet, but today may be the day. My desire is for a complete replacement of all 14 windows. If Jayco or their supplier will provide the windows I would be happy to pay for labor for their installation. I am also considering removal/repair by Suncoast Designers, Inc. in Hudson, FL. I will be in that area just before Christmas and they have quoted a much better price for removal/repair than new windows and they have a good warranty for their work. I have heard good things about their service including from my son in law who had a couple of large motor home windows repaired a couple of years ago.

Unless Jayco comes through, Suncoast is my plan. I'm thinking doing all 14 since I don't get to that part of the US often and with 6 of 14 being bad now......I know you get the picture. It would cost more to travel back to do a few more than just to do them all at once.

Do any of you have experience with this company?

Thanks.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #2

I just heard back from Jayco and the window supplier, Kinro. They will do nothing which is what I expected due to the time out of warranty. It looks like I'm going to go to Hudson, FL in late December for the repair.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 10-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #3

Ed,

Kinro (a Lippert Company) supplies a lot of windows to the RV Industry.
We had the Kinro brand dual pane windows on our Jayco Pinnacle and now on our Redwood.

Let us know how the repairs go, I also have heard many good things about Suncoast.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #4

I have heard good things about them also Rob, but I appreciate your comment as well.