Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #1

First minor problems! Have repair Question!

So I took My trailer out for its Maiden voyage and discovered 2 things wrong. First on the outside I have a slide out kitchen station, which has a sink, 2 burners, and a fridge. I notice a tiny drip from one of the lines... Its right where the clamp connects the line to the faucet. Very slow slow drip, but need to fix, Help needed? And for some reason the fridge doesn't come on, I reached in an it was plugged in, not sure how to trouble shoot this. ideas? also, kitchen faucet looks like it wasn't put together all the way anyone have instructions on these? Thanks.
soonerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1 View Post
So I took My trailer out for its Maiden voyage and discovered 2 things wrong. First on the outside I have a slide out kitchen station, which has a sink, 2 burners, and a fridge. I notice a tiny drip from one of the lines... Its right where the clamp connects the line to the faucet. Very slow slow drip, but need to fix, Help needed? And for some reason the fridge doesn't come on, I reached in an it was plugged in, not sure how to trouble shoot this. ideas? also, kitchen faucet looks like it wasn't put together all the way anyone have instructions on these? Thanks.

The easiest way to fix the leak at the fitting is the replace it with a shark bite fitting. Otherwise you will need to invest in a pex crimping tool (not a bad thing to have but a little pricey) and a new pex clamp.

The fridge should have some type of thermostat on the back that also turns it on or off. Also, verify you have power to the outlet.

I personally wouldn’t waste my time with the RV faucet. Go to HD or Lowe’s and get a residential faucet as a replacement. If you do want to “put it back together “, check Phoenix faucets. They make a lot of RV faucets and the may have an install guide on line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #3

Quote:

You might be able to push the fitting together where it’s leaking. It may not be all the way locked in place. It might help to see which type of fitting is to help diagnose the problem. Now the fridge do you for sure have it on. Or check the breaker in your panel inside your camper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #4

ill check the fitting, and I checked the breakers and all good..
Old 04-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #5

If you trailer is new (you said maiden voyage) then it should be under warranty. If the dealer is booked up try calling the Mfg. of the fridge and asking for a list of troubleshooting tips.

Also, try researching here with the search tool. It is not user friendly but you can find a lot of threads on fridges.

Does it cool on gas? If it does than it is probably an electrical problem. If it won't cool on LP than it can be several things to check.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #6

The outlet your fridge is plugged in may be a GFI plug and may be tripped. Mine was the first time I tried to use it.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #7

As dmac said our outside kitchen is on the gfi circuit. I had the same problem but reset the gfi, which is located in the bathroom on my whitehawk and all was well.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #8

Same as Hazman65 for me. The fridge stopped working and it was the socket in the bathroom i reset to get it back on.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #9

Quote:
What RV do you have ? Year and model would be helpful. You wont be able to push a pex fitting on or off, even it it was not installed properly. Once you crimp those they are set. Yes a sharkbite can be used to replace the fitting. But as others have said, if it's new I would let the dealer handle it. Not sure what you mean the faucet was not finished putting it together. Pictures?

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:46 AM   #10

Agree with Hazman as I had the same issue, the 2nd time. But first, I would test the receptacle in the outside kitchen. I had no voltage the first time, took out the receptacle, tighten the wires, and everything worked. The second time, the GFCI popped; when we reset it everything else went back on.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #11

Thanks I will let the dealer fix it, might as well use the warranty. And as for the sink I will get pics.