Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

First time out in my 2019 and have a leak 👎

First time out in my Eagle 330RSTS and noticed a puddle on ground under the camper. I crawled under it to see water droplets at a access hole in the under belly. I peeled off a couple piece of the tape and pushed back the underbelly to see the spot it’s dripping from. It’s coming from the top of the black tank somewhere. The tank was 2/3 full so it’s not spilling from top. Any thoughts on what it is. It ruined some of the crappy white insulation under there. I’m still on my trip so I’ll have to tape it back up and attempt to fix when I get home. There’s a 2+ month wait for the dummies at the dealers to attempt to fix
Attached Thumbnails
09A81C5B-E1D1-41A2-8D86-8DD6B77E5929.jpg   FDC4E355-B4BF-441C-A10C-422514AF6127.jpg  
Kurtomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #2

Have you had a chance to check for leaks in the area above the black tank - stool flush valve, sink lines, faucet, backflow preventer, etc.?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #3

No leaks around base of toilet and water lines going in. Pulled panel off at the water pump/water heater...no leaks...shower drain no leaks...shower valves no leaks
Kurtomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #4

Did you check the backflow preventer? It is in the water line for the black tank flush and is very often up very high, under the bathroom sink. It is often the source of leaks, most often it just drips... BUT NOT ALWAYS. The frustrating thing is that it can leak intermittently.

Straw grasping here...
Online they mentioned a water docking station. I'm not familiar with that, but online I see it is not far from the the black tank connection. If your leak drys up and starts again after connecting to the city water/fresh tank fill, there might be a leak there that leaks onto the top of the black tank.

That's all I got...
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:01 PM   #5

Leak

The leak could obviously be caused by any number of reasons. It’s a stretch but if it is not the “vacuum breaker” (the access to my VB is through an access panel in the upper kitchen cabinets that back up to the shower). The VB’s have a tendency to leak especially if there is some fine material lodged in the breaker.
You might also want to check all of your winter drain locations, some are located inside the storage basement behind the wall access panels. These draindown locations can drip if not fully closed.
Chande is offline   Reply With Quote