Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #21

Looks like another one of those "upgrades" that looks real nice, and sounds good when the window salesman explains it, but no one ever bothered to test the prototype under "real world" conditions. Kinda' like the tank less-water heater and the air bed mattress.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #22

Fixing this as I type-Window issue Whitehawk

So I just had the same issue with my window. I was able to fix it by carefully pinching the black wheels ever so carefully so I could get them back on the tracks. Called Jayco and they were useless as wanted me to drive with the window flapping in the breeze..."manager" said the same thing. So I just happened to figure it out. Luckily I had the tools, needle nose pliers and a small screw driver to fix it. Needless to say this is a horrible design IMO and other than look cool, the old slide windows were far more sturdy.

Note, one thing I noticed that as you tightened down the window, the arms actually pull away from the track...so just close it enough to close it, don't overly tighten it. Hope this helps others.
jimmyspartan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #23

Just bought a brand new White Hawk. One window was broken when we looked at it before buying. It is the same issue others describe. They had it fixed on delivery but broke again the first time we opened it. The other windows are fine. We added it to our punch list for our warranty return trip to the dealer in a week or two.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #24

To reinsert the wheels in the track look for the set screws along the top of the hinge. Remove these screws. Now the window should slide left or right in the hinge. Slide the window until you can insert the wheel in the end of the track. Return the window to the original position and reinsert the set screws.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #25

Thanks for the info. I also ave had an issue with the windows on my new 5th wheel. I bunged it closed and had repair work at the dealer and they fixed it. Kind of sounded like they knew about the problem.
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslarson View Post
I've got the same windows on my new trailer. I think there is a little re-training of the brain on opening these windows that has to happen. I have instructed all in my family to "turn the knob until resistance is then gently turn to increase pressure until the window releases from the seal". I can easily see the mechanism (which seems a bit flimsy) bending or deforming if to much pressure is applied to soon.
I open ours the same way, if you go easy you can feel them release.
Haven't had any trouble with ours yet doing it this way, but we're not big window open people either.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #27

Just had the guide wheels pop and break off on our 2016 Redhawk bathroom window. I was closing the window and it seemed to bind up then a POP !
I was out loading the MH for out trip in two days to Galveston.
Now I'll be at the dealer tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #28

Well the husband fixed it in less than an hour.
No dealer , no wait.
First photo shows the plastic guide broken on the right.
I learned to not over tighten ! once I see the window meet the seal stop.
I then treated the outside seals so the glass doesn't stick to the seal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7412.jpg   IMG_7417.jpg   IMG_7414.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #29

We've yet to have a window mechanism break, but we've had nearly all of the window's stick to their seals. Lubricating the seals is just another item I've meant to do, and didn't, but now that I see these problems arise like this, it's going to the top of my list!

Out of curiosity, is the new dual pane window design having the same issue? It was an option I wish I had ordered, but was talked out of by the dealer as problematic. Apparently twisting on the camper has caused them to lose their gas between panes.

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #30

I've become sort of an expert in repairing the single windows, as there is a set screw that has been mentioned in an earlier post. But, I also have some double windows (a solid, non-moving window on top and a crank-out window below it). I've found the only solution is to drill the pop rivets outs and replace with small bolts (described on youtube). If anyone can explain how to fix those without drilling and replacing the rivets, I'd be appreciative.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #31

Search YouTube for "RV crank out window fix." He gives step by step instructions on how to fix.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #32

I have also had 2 windows where they came out of the track. The glides do break.
Jayco has sent me 2 new operators. They have stock numbers associated with the length of the arms.