Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2021, 06:53 AM   #1

Front Cap Graphics

I have a 2018 321RSTS that I plan on getting the front cap repainted. I’d like to remove the front graphics so everything in painted smooth.
I contacted the dealer and they checked with Jayco on the price of new graphics for the front cap only and they were quoted 995.00. Holy crap!!! I’ve replaced graphics on a whole Montana for less than that.
Are there any other options or suppliers for front cap graphics. I may even go with something other than the Jayco logo.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
FC406BAD-DF26-4514-867C-C4E025AADD14.jpg  
Cricket59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket59 View Post
I have a 2018 321RSTS that I plan on getting the front cap repainted. I’d like to remove the front graphics so everything in painted smooth.
I contacted the dealer and they checked with Jayco on the price of new graphics for the front cap only and they were quoted 995.00. Holy crap!!! I’ve replaced graphics on a whole Montana for less than that.
Are there any other options or suppliers for front cap graphics. I may even go with something other than the Jayco logo.
Thanks
Based on my experience, I would skip it completely. My 2018 Eagle HT cap was re-sprayed twice under warranty. The dealership replaced the sticker 3 times. They also received but could not install a couple of other sticker sets that were not usable. The final/current set of stickers has lifted around the edges in several places already.

No stickers would be easier to maintain, anyway. I would rather have the consistent surface. And, Jayco doesn't pay me to provide them advertising on the road.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:40 AM   #3

Thanks. My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #4
CAG

There are some past threads on "wrapping" which is another option.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to dawnpawli
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
There are some past threads on "wrapping" which is another option.
I also am having a problem with the front fiberglass nose on my 2018, due to poor gel coating, and plan on having it painted. I got an estimate to paint it for $9,000 that I thought was way too much. if you don't mind, what would be a reasonable price range
dawnpawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnpawli View Post
I also am having a problem with the front fiberglass nose on my 2018, due to poor gel coating, and plan on having it painted. I got an estimate to paint it for $9,000 that I thought was way too much. if you don't mind, what would be a reasonable price range
Just got mine sanded down, repainted and clear coated and it cost me 2,000. I removed the graphics myself.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnpawli View Post
Agree with cricket, it should be 2000-3000 in most parts of the US.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #8
CAG

I had the front cap of the Cyclone done and while this has been a few years ago it was $3200 or there abouts.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #9

Wow! I guess our local body guy works WAY too cheap.
My buddy has a Cedar Creek with the same front cap issue. He took it to a local guy around here a couple years ago and he said he'd would do it for $800. Even if the rent doubled in the last 2 years that's $1600 and Forest River sent him the front graphics under warranty and cut him a check for the cost of the repairs.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to dawnpawli
Thanks for the info fellow Jayco owners. I will need to contact more body shops for a better quote. I will not replace the Jayco Bird graphics since it is free advertising and too expensive to replace. I've owned several fiberglass boats in the past and have never experienced the type of fading I've experienced with my 2018 Jayco in less than 3 years. This trailer is in covered storage when not in use and we only use it maybe 60 days a year. Jayco knew they had a problem yet refuses to fix their quality issue.
dawnpawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #11
Site Team

You can get graphics online with your choice of pictures. We have friends that had front and back done and they were very reasonable.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote