Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #1

Front water damage repair, 2010 24FBS

Hello, I have some water damage on the front of my trailer that I think I would like to tackle fixing on my own.
The damage and water ingress appears to have originated where the aluminum check plate meets the aluminum siding, Jayco didn't make the check plate quite long enough and it separated from the siding, allowing water to get in. This seems to be a fairly common problem as I've noticed for these type/ years of trailers.
Does anyone have any pictures of the front framing behind the aluminum and check plate in the front? Also, any advice or tips on how to rebuild this area? As near as I can tell, the damage is very minimal at this point. No evidence of any moisture damage in the storage area or from inside the trailer. It is suspected that the front spars and ribs beneath the siding from the bottom up to about 2 feet up are damaged based on feel and rusty screws holding the corner outside moulding on.
Any advise and pictures would be greatly appreciated before I roll up my sleeves and dig into this job! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2270.JPG   IMG_2271.JPG   IMG_2272.JPG  
Blacklab467 is offline   Reply With Quote