Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Garbage clearance lights on new Jaycos

I've had my 2020 RKS 235 for less than a year, and already 2 of the clearance lights have crapped out. What a lousy design! Jayco does apply a clear sealant, but they only do the tops of the lights. Mine were full of water.
Dealer wanted me to drag the whole trailer down so they could warranty it. You would think they would just warranty the part and let me install it. I ended up purchasing some.
Jayco warranty is not worth the paper it's written on because this is the second time I've had to purchase items that should have been covered.
Will be looking at Dutchmen for my next purchase.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Jayco warranty is not worth the paper it's written on because this is the second time I've had to purchase items that should have been covered.
Call a GM or FORD dealer and tell them to send you a new part and you'll change it. Ain't going to happen....With that said there are JAYCO dealers that will, just not yours...
Old 07-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #3

All depends on the dealer, I had three warranty issues and they sent me a new mattress, HWT door, and an entry door and frame all by UPS direct from Jayco. My dealer is 140 miles away, they said just send us pictures and within two weeks parts arrived each time.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:08 PM   #4

Quote:
I've had my 2020 RKS 235 for less than a year, and already 2 of the clearance lights have crapped out. What a lousy design! Jayco does apply a clear sealant, but they only do the tops of the lights. Mine were full of water.
Dealer wanted me to drag the whole trailer down so they could warranty it. You would think they would just warranty the part and let me install it. I ended up purchasing some.
The fact you don’t want to go to the dealer doesn’t mean the warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Why don’t you try complying with the terms of the warranty before putting Jayco down. You did after all sign the warranty registration document saying you read it.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #5

If it were mine and I lived 140 miles from the dealer, I would just say screw the warranty, buy the lights, install them myself and be done with it. The fuel alone to get there and back would be way more than the lights.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The fact you don’t want to go to the dealer doesn’t mean the warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Why don’t you try complying with the terms of the warranty before putting Jayco down. You did after all sign the warranty registration document saying you read it.

X2 and Jayco doesn’t design the clearance lights by the way. I don’t understand being upset about 2 burnt out lights. Good luck with your Dutchmen.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:16 AM   #7

LOL I don't think (Thor) Dutchman will do much different for you than (Thor) Jayco, in this case.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:30 AM   #8
Lost in the Woods

I got the problem resolved, but no point getting into details after reading the replies.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Not sure but every RV we have had the top and sides of the clearance lights are sealed but not the bottom. The reasoning is somewhat like the shower not being sealed around the bottom lets water drain out. You can probably go and look at different RV's and they will be the same way. Our 2020 has the little round lights and they are not sealed at all.
Have had 5 different brands and they were all that way. As far as warranty I had an issue called dealer on what issue was he asked if I could send photos I did, he called Jayco who sent him the parts and he forwarded them to me no problem.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote