Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2021, 08:30 AM   #1

Goodyear Endurance tires failure

Because of our due diligence with regards to our tires, we avoided what could have been a damaging blowout. We have a 2019 32RLTS with the Goodyear Endurance tires. When stopped for fuel we noticed the gap between the driver side tires to be about an inch. Took a look underneath and the springs looked good. Cautiously drove the next 50 miles to our destination, pulled off the tires and found they were so out of round due to very obvious tread separation. We are very diligent about running proper tire pressures and not exceeding 70 mph when driving, nor are we overweight. Pretty disappointed as we had heard such great things about the Endurance tires. GY did give us some warranty credit thanks to Discount Tire doing their part in making that happen. Decided to go with G614's since that's what we had on our last RV and they were great. Would have considered Sailuns but didn't have the time to get them to us.
cmzoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #2

Sorry to hear that, sound like a rare defect. I replaced the stock Ranier tire immediately after I towed it home with Endurances. They have served me well for 5 yrs. over 20k miles. They are pretty worn out now and will repurchase the same. Best of luck with g614's they are a good tire but quite stiff in sidewall which may be a concern if your fiver isn't over 12 or 13k
Pickledill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #3

Statistically I suspect the Goodyears are doing so much better than China Bomb brands because this is the first post I have seen on Endurance failure. I replaced mine at 3 years and sold mine to a guy for his local only boat trailer. There is also the possibility you hit something unseen that damaged the tire(s).

Good Luck! and see you down the road.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:28 PM   #4

I had 2 TowMax failures in about 70 miles and a third ready to fail. It’s like they had timers. I also was diligent about weight, pressure and speed. TPMS, don’t leave home without it! I’ve had my G614’s since (7 yrs) and they’ve been flawless. When time to replace I’m going with the same thing or Endurance, jury’s still out on which.
Our 5th scales at 13k#

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:54 PM   #5

We had tow ax tires on our Fifth-wheel when we purchased it. Dealer told us they are the best! We went to Yellowstone and three tires were coming apart. We never pulled over 65 mph. All at one time on a Thursday they failed. We purchased good year tires and we sold the Fifth-wheel 4 years later with them on it. Check and see if good years are made in China.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote