Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
In regards to the unlikely burning up scenario, you would probably be liable for any damage to other's property like the campsite cleanup and towing/disposal without insurance.

. . .
My agent said liability when it's parked somewhere is covered by our homeowner's policy (and umbrella policy, if the event is a bit more towards Marvel Comics scale . . .).
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #42

Interesting outcome. If it truly is cosmetic damage only and you arenít terribly bothered by it, keeping it with the payoff in your pocket may be worthwhile, albeit a gamble with no insurance. Good luck with your decision!
😁 "If a man says heíll fix something, he will. Thereís no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #43

Well I thought my insurance and dealer agreed on a repair cost but I guess not.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
My agent said liability when it's parked somewhere is covered by our homeowner's policy (and umbrella policy, if the event is a bit more towards Marvel Comics scale . . .).
If it is totalled, make sure you personally run comps including everything you have upgraded. I ended up with several hundred additional dollars after showing Allstate that their estimate based on dissimilar comps was low.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrison View Post
Well I thought my insurance and dealer agreed on a repair cost but I guess not.
? What are they saying then
Old 09-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
? What are they saying then
I got a message from Progressive that they updated my claim and sent the additional funds to the repair shop but the guy at the shop said they haven't talk to them or received any funds. The shop just sent their updated estimate to the insurance company. I'll let them fight it out for a while but all I'm going to pay out of pocket is my $250 deductible.

The original payout from Progressive was $5,385, the shop first estimate was around $10,300. I sent that to Progressive, they disputed some of the shop charges but upped their payout to $7,900. I haven't seen the repair shop's new bid yet.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrison View Post
I got a message from Progressive that they updated my claim and sent the additional funds to the repair shop but the guy at the shop said they haven't talk to them or received any funds. The shop just sent their updated estimate to the insurance company. I'll let them fight it out for a while but all I'm going to pay out of pocket is my $250 deductible.

The original payout from Progressive was $5,385, the shop first estimate was around $10,300. I sent that to Progressive, they disputed some of the shop charges but upped their payout to $7,900. I haven't seen the repair shop's new bid yet.
I would just say keep in the know about what they are discussing. In the end, it is you that will live with the results.

Believe it or not, these claims are simple, when compared to the home claims.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #48

Latest update on my hail damage. This week they agreed on a repair cost that was higher than any of the initial estimates. The original insurance estimate was around $5,385, the final agreement on replacing just the passenger side that was damaged is $11,210.29. I was sent money for the first settlement, the additional funds are being sent to the repair shop and requires both our signatures to cash. Now I'll contact the shop and make sure they receive the correct funds they were suppose to, if everything adds up they'll order the parts and let me know when to drop off the TT.