Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #1

Help!

Lost my running lights and tail lights. Brake and directional are OK. New 7 prong plug and have power to the junction box. Can't find any info on the wiring from that point on. 2007 Jay Flight. Had lights until last camping trip.
rayday61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayday61 View Post
Lost my running lights and tail lights. Brake and directional are OK. New 7 prong plug and have power to the junction box. Can't find any info on the wiring from that point on. 2007 Jay Flight. Had lights until last camping trip.
You don't say what your tow vehicle is. If it's small, like an SUV, it's possible you blew a fuse with the extra load. That kept happening to me and I fixed it by installing LED bulbs in the trailer lights.

If you want to start finding out where you have voltage and where you don't, buy an inexpensive voltage tester from an automotive supply store. You want the kind with a light bulb in it, an insulation piercing point on one end and a short wire with an alligator clip on it to go to ground. Very handy. The wire you're looking for will probably (but not always) be brown.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #3

The problem is in the trailer wiring. Like I said, I have power to the junction box at the trailer. This indicates the problem is past that point. I need a wiring diagram of the camper running light configuration. But Thanks anyway
Old 06-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #4

I would crawl under the trailer and remove any ground connection you can find to the frame clean it up real good and retighten. You can email or call Jayco and ask for a wiring diagram, you will need to supply your VIN, they will email you a PDF.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #5

Check the fuse panel in your TV, alot of newer cars and trucks have a fuse for the trailer lights. I found this out with the same problem you are having
Old 06-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #6

I don't think it can be that as I have power coming out of the truck going into the camper through the running light lugs.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #7

First question, how do you know you have power at the 7 pin? Did you verify with a multimeter? Your tv has a separate set of fuses that supply power to the 7 pin.

I'm using my phone today so adding images are difficult, so google "7 pin wiring diagram". Cut a short piece of wire and strip the ends back. On the tt's side of the connector follow the diagram , and shove the wire into the pin for aux power, then take the other end, and work your way around to each pin. If the corresponding lights turn on, you have good connection. This should help confirm the issue is on the tt side.

On my tt, there is a junction box with nasty wire nest.
Check the wire nuts to ensure they are secure, and there is not a loose wire.

The wires run inside the tt, a wire diagram would be helpful, call Jayco with your Vin number, and they will email the schematic. All of jayco's wire in my tt are different colors, and you can track/trace the wires by color.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #8

Timber, I had a fuse go out what's the fix? Replace the fuse?
Busman1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #9

Replace the fuse and figure out why it happened. I have found on some vehicles that may have a weak ground plugging in your TT if you already have your lights on can cause a blown fuse.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:46 AM   #10

Thank you
Busman1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #11

radyday, I hope you have solved this problem. In the future you might receive even more help if you provided more information in the "title" about your problem. Such as "Help, running lights are out." We have a number of "wiseones" who are experts in Electrical issues and might see your post much faster.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote