Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

Help me find correct Propane Pigtail Hose

I have a 2017 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE. I have a leak in 1 of my 2 propane pigtail hoses from tank to auto regulator. I tried to replace with a Acme Nut x 1/4" Male Pipe thread and that was too small.
I then tried a hose that was 1/4" inverted Male Flare x acme nut and that seemed to be right size, but wrong thread. After I got 1 thread started it was tight and I could no longer turn by hand, so I just stopped.
Can someone point me in the correct direction.
Here is pics of the hose that was on there.
Attached Thumbnails
file-130.jpg   file-131.jpg   file-132.jpg  
DMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
Site Team

That appears to be a 1/4" NPT (national pipe thread). That's the usual size, other than the 1/4" inverted flare fitting, which yours is not. You can buy pigtail hoses with either, but you have to be careful which is on the hose you're looking to buy/order. Also, get the ones with the GREEN knob on the tank side. Different colors have different ratings, Black ones are more for BBQ grills. Hope that helps.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #3

The 1/4 npt seemed perfect, just seemed to get tight too fast , so I didn’t go any further, but maybe I need to just put wrench on it and see what happens.
Other thing is the hose I took off had a small black screen, black tube, and black ring. I lost the ring. Not sure what that stuff does.
DMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Not sure what the pieces do, (that mysteriously walked away on their own) do. Our pigtails are the inverted flare style. Maybe someone whose seen them will chime in.
NPT is tapered slightly, so it will thread about 3 threads before wrenching. Be sure to bubble check for leaks when you get it done.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote