Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2020, 10:51 PM   #1

Help! On the road and very low water pressure from Nautilus Bay on city and water pum

Alrighty,

Arrived at KOA about 10 pm and I hooked up the campground water to the nautilus city valve. However I did not put a Pressure regulator on and cut the water on about 10 seconds before reAlizing my mistake.

So I put the regulator on and turned the water back on. After cutting the kitchen faucet on I had full pressure for about ten seconds and then it slowed to a trickle. The same happened with the toilet and bathroom sink. However the shower seemed to have better pressure(could be because of the oxygenics). The outside water hose also had good pressure.

Being so late I switched to the dry camping setting and turned the water pump on. It sounded like it was having trouble pulling water but finally pressureized. The faucets still had little to no pressure.

I checked the city water inlet screen. It was clear and I depressed the valve on the inlet and it seemed to function fine. I’m going to bed and am currently at a loss.

If anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear them. Next step is to take down the basement wall and check the bypass valves.
Goat1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:09 AM   #2

It might help to provide the type of rig you are in.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #3

Jayco319mlok (soon to be traded in for a Vilano) with the aforementioned Nautilus wet bay.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #4

Is your regulator adjustable? Does the park have a pre-installed regulator fitted to the faucet already?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Is your regulator adjustable? Does the park have a pre-installed regulator fitted to the faucet already?
Regulator is adjustable and dial reads 45 psi. I tried to fill the fresh water tank and it takes on water as normal. I don’t believe the water pressure from the outside is the issue since the problem exist when on city water and when I attempt to use the water pump and pull from the FW tank.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #6

Aerator screens in your faucets clean?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #7

Marcam I was just about to get on here about the aerators. Turns out calcium from our time on well water in California shook loose and clogged every single faucet and the the toilet filter as well.

Btw does anyone know how to remove large chucks a of calcium from a faucet without a removable aerator. The bathroom sink is the cheap plastic kind without a removable aerator.

Thanks for the help. Problem appears solved
Old 07-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #8
CAG

Just a suggestion when you get that problem cleared up. Water Softener.

It sounds like your water is as hard as ours in Arizona. Best way to prevent what you have and your wife will thank you often for the soft water on her hair and skin.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Just a suggestion when you get that problem cleared up. Water Softener.

It sounds like your water is as hard as ours in Arizona. Best way to prevent what you have and your wife will thank you often for the soft water on her hair and skin.
Already done. The water we were on in California was so hard it turned the strips red. I could make it about 3 days before a recharge cycle. When we arrived in Wyoming I had some calcium deposits come lose there but not this extent. However the water there tested as soft out of the camp faucet as the water out of the softener so that was nice.

I think accidentally hooking up a high pressure water source must of dislodged the rest of it from the wet bay valves. Odd thing is we dry camped prior to this in Colorado and had zero obstruction in any of the lines so that’s why I think it was the high pressure.