Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan View Post
I'm living the same nightmare with my 2015 Travel trailer also bought in July. My list of current issues:
-USB charger does not work, replaced twice (wires hot, not sure what's going on here)
-dinette back separated from bench seat (currently reinforcing frame, damn near replacing the thing)
-wardrobe bottom fell out (reattached using 5/8" screws and wood glue)
-delaminated fiberglass front (huge issue, still working)
-shower curtain slide unscrewing from ceiling (added anchors)
-severe frame rust (Washington state rain; already bought POR-15 for painting)
Another Washingtonian!! We were on vacation at Deception Pass when trouble struck, but are normally from Eastern WA. Always nice to know we're not alone - either with problems or in the state!

skdcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdcb View Post
snip... I created a punch-list for them so hopefully nothing gets missed. ...snip
I had a punch list, too, when I took mine in the first time for warranty repairs. When we went through the unit when I dropped it off, my dealer put blue 'painter's tape' at each 'problem'; counter top trim gap, one stove igniter didn't work, one of the blinds was loose, etc. The next time I took it in for a couple of additional items, I put the blue tape on before I dropped it off.

oldmanAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #13

No 2nd owner warranty

If you're still in good relation with your neighbor perhaps you could ask him to take it back to the dealer where he bought it and get the delamination fixed. Just don't mention he sold it
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #14

I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind to do so, but I just can't do it. At 15 years in the Army, I've been brainwashed into believing that I simply can't compromise my integrity. All these patriotic Americans shaking my hand and thanking me for my service have inovertantly made me way too proud and honored to serve. It's a crappy warranty, void by technicality, and I really wish Jayco stood behind their product regardless of the owner. However, I'm just paying for the repair and using this as a learning lesson before I buy the next TT.
TravelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan View Post
I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind to do so, but I just can't do it. At 15 years in the Army, I've been brainwashed into believing that I simply can't compromise my integrity. All these patriotic Americans shaking my hand and thanking me for my service have inovertantly made me way too proud and honored to serve. It's a crappy warranty, void by technicality, and I really wish Jayco stood behind their product regardless of the owner. However, I'm just paying for the repair and using this as a learning lesson before I buy the next TT.
I am not sure that I agree with your moral argument, since as you said, this is really a technicality.
Now, if you knew there was some issue with that trailer/truck/whatever and where trying to unload it on an unsuspecting buyer, then yes, I could understand the moral conflict.
If I sell mine before the warranty expires, I am going to use that as a selling point. IOW, "if you have an issue, bring it back and I will take it to the dealer for you".

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #16

Good point. I really regret not reading the warranty better before hand. I assumed it was like a vehicle with a warranty based on time. I tried to save a few bucks by buying slightly used and I'm quickly approaching the price of a new one.
TravelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #17
Site Team

Help! We feel like it's falling apart!

I'm with TravelinMan. Personal integrity is important and hard to find in these days.
IMO the one owner warranty is not a technicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote