Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #1

Question How to access water pump on Greyhawk 31?

I went winterize my 2003 Greyhawk 31rb and pump seemed to be fine. I had troubles draining the fresh water tanks. Just opening the low point vales water would just trickle out even though the tank was more than 3/4 full. I turned the pump on with the vales open and water flowed out at a nice quick pace. Then after all the water seems to be out, I tried to get the pump to suck up the antifreeze, but it was extremely slow and almost no suction. I had a really hard time getting it to prime with the anti-freeze as well. I eventually got anti-freeze to come through all of my faucets and toilet, but with only very little flow and much sputtering. I have come to the conclusion that the pump has gone bad and I should replace it. I can see the pump up there behind the utlity panel in the basement, but I have no idea how to get at it. I took some of the screws out of the panel thinking I could get to it from there, but it appears I would have to disconnect an awful lot of plumbing and electrical stuff to allow that paenl to actually be removed. Is there a trick anyone knows as to how to acccess the water pump for replacement?
mparsons2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #2

My thoughts are the low flow and sputtering were due to the air introduced into the lines by draining the low points. Your fresh tank should have a drain on it that you can use independent of the low point drains. Air in the lines would also make drafting antifreeze more difficult. I wouldn't worry about the pump till next season when you can hook water back up and verify that it is bad.
Hoppy220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, pump, replace water pump