Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #1

How to find part numbers

Newbie here, just bought a 2001 Jayco Designer C Class that is on a Ford E450 SuperDuty with Triton v10. I am somewhat mechanical and noticed a hose is spliting underneather. Looks to be one of the powersteering hoses. How the heck to I find part number listings for this engine? Any suggestions on how to find the right part numbers for this chassis and engine would be appreciated. I was also looking to order new front brake calipers but same issue, where to start. Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #2

I am a "Ford guy" who now has a Freightliner chassis MH, but my last 2 Class Cs were E-series based. Plus all my cars have always been Fords!

What I have found very helpful is the website Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com
You can enter the chassis vin number and browse through the various chassis systems and (for the most part) narrow down exactly what you need. You can even register on the site and set up an account that lets you order the needed parts online and either ship them directly to your home or to your chosen Ford dealer.

Even if you don't purchase it on their site it may get you the Ford part number that another supplier can cross to their part.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #3

I have done that and you are right, they do a good job with the VIN, I still haven't been able to match this part up, errrrr.
boise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power steering hose