Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2023, 02:31 PM   #21

I use Red Cap. It is essentially a small rubber that rolls over the end. They are inexpensive and and re-useable.
Mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:36 PM   #22

Alas, sounds like I'm in a big common group here.

I check what needs to be Quaded, make a list, plan an attack and get 'er done. Usually lasts a year. So once a year I buy an expensive tube of Quad OSI, use about 10% of it, and watch the tube petrify by next Friday. Sigh...

A Hollander throwing money away is a sad prospect indeed...
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:55 PM   #23

Another thought to share, I have used Pro-Flex (and other caulks and sealants) and have noticed that even if you seal it well, there is a period of time after opening where the sealant appears to still be good and when you use it everything will (may) appear good but the sealant will not adhere (bond) well to the surface like it did when first opened. I prefer not to use any open caulk or sealant that has been open and stored more than a week or two, as I don't feel comfortable that it will provide a long lasting seal over the course of time. I suggest to use it all asap but certainly I have had the same issues others have had with trying to save it for later. ~CA
Old 03-30-2023, 04:58 AM   #24

I’ve tried everything everyone mentioned above, (except that sealing gadget), then about a few weeks ago I used foil tape wrapped around the tip of a tube of calking, went to reuse it and to my surprise it was not cured at the tip, nor did chunks of cured calking get stuck in the tip while using it! So I sealed it up with foil tape again. I’ll try in in another few weeks!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmom View Post
Anybody got a good way to re-seal a tube of RV Pro-Flex sealer? Just had to throw away another 1/2 tube of sealer that I only opened last fall! At the price of this stuff, it's getting expensive! I've already tried 16d nails, red and blue wire nuts and a screw, nothing seams to seal up the tube to keep it from hardening. Thoughts?
Sounds funny but they are called tube condums, little red rubber, first I put a nail then use the caulking condum, bought them on amazon
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmartin View Post
I use Red Cap. It is essentially a small rubber that rolls over the end. They are inexpensive and and re-useable.
I started using those over 15 years ago and never looked back! I have a pack in the garage, a pack in the truck box for work and a pack on the trailer. They work...in fact just this weekend I pulled one off a tube of Lexel that was capped last spring...it worked fine.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...16?store=11592

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:30 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
I started using those over 15 years ago and never looked back! I have a pack in the garage, a pack in the truck box for work and a pack on the trailer. They work...in fact just this weekend I pulled one off a tube of Lexel that was capped last spring...it worked fine.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...16?store=11592
I will have to try it for the Quad. I have no issues with normal water based caulk with a wire nut. I have gone for years without any issues. But Quad, at most, I can get a couple months with a wire nut.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:39 PM   #28

I’ve had good luck with placing 5200sealant in my small refrigerator I keep in my garage. Haven’t tried chalking but worth a try!😎
Topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:25 PM   #29

Try keeping it in fridg
Topwater is offline   Reply With Quote