Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #1

Angry Jayco not willing to help out owners?!

I logged in and wrote a long entry. When I tried to submit I was told I was NOT logged in. I was logged in. When I tried to log in again, the whole detailed entry was gone. NOT to be found anywhere. What gives? I am guessing I need to start over? Very frustrating.
roisenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #2

Yep, I have the same issue, I log in, type a reply or a post, hit the post button and.......boom. Evidently I've timed out???. Copy your post message before hitting the post button, It may save some aggravation! Sometimes if I forget to copy, I hit the back button on the browser enough I can find the original post. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something else. Anyone else having this issue?
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:57 PM   #3

When you log in check the box Remember me. That'll keep you logged in for long periods of time.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
When you log in check the box Remember me. That'll keep you logged in for long periods of time.
Like days and days.....
Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 PM   #5
Site Team

Check "Remember Me" and you may never have to log in again.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:29 AM   #6

Follow up to Jayco not willing to help out owners!

Here is the story: Damaged Black water tank, our fault. Not repairable. Since April 19, 2021 I have been trying to get a Jayco dealership to work with us to replace the BW tank. Original dealership-Jack's Campers in Mitchell SD,-where we purchased our last two, of three. Jayco Travel Trailers, has been contacted 6 times. Each time the parts person, Dan, requests that I repeat what I needed and was promised that they would get back to me soon. Jayco Corp has a policy of replying to dealers with 48 businesshours. So it was expected that we would at least have some idea if Jayco was able to send the parts. After 4-5-6 days I would call again. When I give the parts manager, Dan, my name, he asks "what is it that we can help me with?" "Could you please refresh my memory?" Same story 4 more times. The fifth time, Dan promised to be the first thing he would do om Monday June 14. He would let me know. May 17 I call and he starts with the same routine. Then he tells me that he is doing all he can--no confirmation he has contacted Jayco, says some parts are it though he had no idea which ones (only need a BW Tank). I have finally given up on Jack's Campers-a shame-since we have touted them to many a fellow camper as we visit over with various persons over the last 20+ years. The next closest dealer is 230 miles (one way). Turns out taht this distant dealer can confirm that Jayco has the part, but that is a long ways since we have to bring the trailer down to double check measurements, order the part, wait 2-3 weeks for part to come in, then wait for it to be repaired then go back and get the trailer. Not only is there no estimated guaranteed on completion date, we have to pay up front.
Last shot--a call directly to Jayco Customer Service asking if it would possible, under these extenuating cricumstances, that the part be billed to us and sent directly to us or to a non-Jayco dealer. This was flatly and emphatically denied. A request to speak to someone "up the chain" was answered with "It will make no difference. The policy will NOT be changed by anyone." No option to even speak to someone higher up than the first level customer service representative.
It seems that past customers (even after three TT purchases) are of no value or consequence to them.
Jayco owners beware. We will find a way to get our TT but I would suggest that if you are looking for a brand that will support you though thick and thin, the Jayco may not be the one. Very sad!
Old 06-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisenp View Post
Last shot--a call directly to Jayco Customer Service asking if it would possible, under these extenuating cricumstances, that the part be billed to us and sent directly to us or to a non-Jayco dealer. This was flatly and emphatically denied. A request to speak to someone "up the chain" was answered with "It will make no difference. The policy will NOT be changed by anyone." No option to even speak to someone higher up than the first level customer service representative.
It seems that past customers (even after three TT purchases) are of no value or consequence to them.
Jayco owners beware. We will find a way to get our TT but I would suggest that if you are looking for a brand that will support you though thick and thin, the Jayco may not be the one. Very sad!
It is because their accounting/billing system is not set up to deal with individuals and it has been that way for decades. As you said the "other" dealer can get the part. He could order it and have it drop shipped directly to you all you need to do is give him a credit card.

As to the comment JAYCO "has the part". They don't stock most items since they order based on production. He probably verified that it could be ordered from JAYCO, but who knows when they would get it to ship.

Secondly, you could measure the tank and order it from any available supplier on the internet I doubt JAYCO is the only company using that specific size. That would save you the "dealer mark-up", but again with the turmoil in getting parts you may still wait weeks...

Lastly your problem is not JAYCO, but your dealer.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:31 AM   #8

Smile Response to "Jayco Not Willing to help out owners?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It is because their accounting/billing system is not set up to deal with individuals and it has been that way for decades. As you said the "other" dealer can get the part. He could order it and have it drop shipped directly to you all you need to do is give him a credit card.

As to the comment JAYCO "has the part". They don't stock most items since they order based on production. He probably verified that it could be ordered from JAYCO, but who knows when they would get it to ship.

Secondly, you could measure the tank and order it from any available supplier on the internet I doubt JAYCO is the only company using that specific size. That would save you the "dealer mark-up", but again with the turmoil in getting parts you may still wait weeks...

Lastly your problem is not JAYCO, but your dealer.
Thank you very much much, Grumpy, for the additional information--I agree that the original Jayco sales dealer is the primary issue. As to Jayco Corporate part sales to individuals or non-Jayco dealers, I understand to a degree in that they are protecting their dealerships and their profit levels. Yet, in these times of heavy sales and busy dealership selling and delivering of "new units/sales" it appears that Jayco should have the flexibility of still serving those customers who either do have the skills to install a part OR allow a non-Jayco dealer to install parts, at the very least in an emergency or with a aged unit-ours is 2003 which we happen to love and is still in great shape (except the BW tank LOL).
We march on, but likely with out Jayco in our future.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisenp View Post
Thank you very much much, Grumpy, for the additional information--I agree that the original Jayco sales dealer is the primary issue. As to Jayco Corporate part sales to individuals or non-Jayco dealers, I understand to a degree in that they are protecting their dealerships and their profit levels. Yet, in these times of heavy sales and busy dealership selling and delivering of "new units/sales" it appears that Jayco should have the flexibility of still serving those customers who either do have the skills to install a part OR allow a non-Jayco dealer to install parts, at the very least in an emergency or with a aged unit-ours is 2003 which we happen to love and is still in great shape (except the BW tank LOL).
We march on, but likely with out Jayco in our future.
They sell to NON-JAYCO dealers and Independent shops , just not individuals. All they have to do is establish an account. They even.have a list of NON-JAYCO shops that they allow to do direct warranty service work. Numerous posts on JOF about members getting work done that way, myself included. Nothing to do with "protecting dealers".

RV FORCE in FL as an example:

We are authorized warranty service and repair providers for all brands of Forest River, Jayco, Highland Ridge, Starcraft, Alliance RV, and Entegra, and also work with most manufacturers' warranties,
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:51 AM   #10

I must have one of the best Jayco dealers there is after reading this. My right rear skirt is damaged. I stopped by Hayes in. Longview, showed pic of part, VIN #. Toni picks up phone, calls her contact at Jayco, tells em what's needed, tells me price & about 5 weeks till delivered. I paid for it because I know metal prices & laor/tools needed to make the big radius .
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote