Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 15
Jensen Radio Interface with Ipod?

I have an issue with my Jensen entertainment center on my 2012 Jayco Ultralite X213. I have the USB connection port on the front of the unit and when I plug my I-pod into the port, the screen just says its loading. I even tried loading songs from my I-tunes on the computer to a USB stick, and still nothing. I have never gotten it to operate from day one. Am I missing something simple, like I-pod will not work with the radio? I need some advice, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Brent
__________________

azimuth551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
There are very few iPods that Jensen support. The manual details it, but from what I recall there is no support for iPhone, iPad or any iPods made after 2008.

The work around is to use the 3.5mm headphone jack on both the Apple device and the stereo. Not a truly integrated interface, but will get songs played on the RV speakers. The stereo must be in AUX mode. Mine has 3 AUX modes so if you press the AUX button once and hear nothing, press it again or possibly again. Mine works on AUX2.
__________________

__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,002
My iPhone 4Gs works just fine as does a flash drive. I suggest a call to Jayco, explain your symptoms and ask if they will replace it under warranty. My Jensen was defective when we picked it up but with different issues. Ours would randomly turn itself on and always tried to read from the USB (even though nothing was plugged in there).
I didn't want to drag the TT 40 mi each way to a local dealer (plus probably leave it multiple days waiting for a new unit to be shipped). Jayco guy asked if I was OK with replacing it myself and shipped a new unit directly to me and paid for the return shipping.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
My iPhone 4Gs works just fine as does a flash drive. I suggest a call to Jayco, explain your symptoms and ask if they will replace it under warranty. My Jensen was defective when we picked it up but with different issues. Ours would randomly turn itself on and always tried to read from the USB (even though nothing was plugged in there).
I didn't want to drag the TT 40 mi each way to a local dealer (plus probably leave it multiple days waiting for a new unit to be shipped). Jayco guy asked if I was OK with replacing it myself and shipped a new unit directly to me and paid for the return shipping.
Well there is no iPhone 4G, so I assume that you have an iPhone 4s. Are you connecting to the Jensen stereo via the apple provided cable that is USB on one side and Apple 30-pin connectors on the other side and not the 3.5 stero plug I described above? If so, please confirm the model of you Jensen Stereo, like Brent mine won't make that connection and if I have an issue I want to get it corrected.

Thanks
__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Gibby3275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 239
It works through the headphone jack, not the USB.

On mine there is a special i-pod connection on the back, that you can buy an accessory cable for.
__________________
2012 Jayco Eagle 365BHS

2012 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Duramax/Allison

Curt Q20 Hitch with Roller

Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs


:Canada:

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Well there is no iPhone 4G, so I assume that you have an iPhone 4s. Are you connecting to the Jensen stereo via the apple provided cable that is USB on one side and Apple 30-pin connectors on the other side and not the 3.5 stero plug I described above? If so, please confirm the model of you Jensen Stereo, like Brent mine won't make that connection and if I have an issue I want to get it corrected.

Thanks
Hey club, you are correct on both points. I went out to the TT with the white Apple cable and immediately realized that I was using the 3.5mm plug. Bad data from me!
The flash drive however works just fine.
I believe the rest of my post is accurate (despite 2 fails).
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
RedHorse1, Thank you for clarifying
__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,002
Another piece of data regarding the flash drive. I have quite a few laying around but they're all pretty small. We recently bought a new car that has a USB input on the stereo so I bought a 64GB drive to load with music. I tried it in the Jensen yesterday and discovered that it won't work. It would start reading the drive and within 3-5 seconds would display "STOP". The 2GB drives work fine so I guess there's a size limit. I've also tried a USB disk drive (moving surface) a couple of months ago but it didn't work at all.
Once it reads a CD or Flash and can play your music the TV can show a crude menu of the folders and tracks. Not very elegant but it seems to work. Setting the TV input to "AV" will automaticaly start this feature on my setup.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Camping Couple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 726
So if I understand this thread, the iPod will not work in the Jensen system using the USB cord. I just purchased a 2013 197 this past Wednesday, used it this weekend and I had the same problem as described above. I used the USB cord for my iPod and the display on the Jensen reads "loading".
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
So if I understand this thread, the iPod will not work in the Jensen system using the USB cord. I just purchased a 2013 197 this past Wednesday, used it this weekend and I had the same problem as described above. I used the USB cord for my iPod and the display on the Jensen reads "loading".
Same thing happens with our iPod and USB. We use the headphone jack to listen. The USB port did charge the iPod though, despite it not loading/playing.
__________________

mule3781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.