Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #1

Just a heads-up: Your Jayco may have a hole in the roof around the vent pipe

For months now we have had problems with a faint smell of sewage coming and going in our 2017 Jayco Northpoint. When attempting to clear the vent pipe by sending water down from the roof, water was running and splashing out of our cabinet, which covered the vent pipe in the bathroom.

I took part of the cabinet off to see the vent. It looked like the installers had cut into the vent right at the roof line, perforating it and causing it to leak. Not only the water but probably the gas smell too.

I patched it up but we still had water coming out of an unknown location around the vent pipe.

I looked into the vent and noticed I could see light around the perimeter of the protruding pipe. I took off the roof vent and found out that around the pipe was a completely exposed hole in the roof, which is where the water was coming from and also where the gasses from the tank were reentering the RV.

And not only that but this hole has been allowing tons of air conditioned RV air to leave the space. Unbelievable.

I loaded it with dicor and reinstalled. Luckily the trailer is still under warranty and I'm my own repairman. I will get paid for this garbage. I have found countless poor craftsmanship like this in our RV over the years. It's been an endless journey.

KeepMoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #2

Same issue

"I loaded it with dicor and reinstalled...."

Found the same type hole when I had to replace the vent cover, after years of FL sun helped the plastic crack. Dicor was my fix as well.
nuhorchak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco northpoint, vent pipe