Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #21

reciprovac, some dealers will tell you what you want to hear, unless you have first hand proof it is hearsay. When I bought my 2013 Jayco my dealer was horrible, so I contacted Jayco about model year changes and production info. Within 24 hrs I had the model changes, new and deleted options and the new color schemes for the interior, none of which my dealer was able to supply me. You may be dealing with a great dealer but from my experiences and the many positive dealings with Jayco of other JOF members I'd have to say Jayco cares, Jayco is responsive to their customers, and they genuinely care about the quality of the trailers they produce. Just MHO, feel free to disagree.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #22

Unfortunately Jayco has to use crummy dealers to sell their product. My sales experience was BAD. Jayco has been great discussing the few little issues I have had. I am still in search of a Jayco service center/dealer that seems to show the same attitude.

Case in point: I thought I had an issue with one of my slide outs. The dealer said "bring it in and we will look at it" Jayco explained to me over the phone what to look for, how it was designed and how it functioned. Turns out I just needed to be educated. My dealer should have know this and really should have covered it in th epost sale walk thru, but they could hardly explain the Jayco water valving in my RV...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #23

I spend time on the Buick Enclave forum, which is not run by GM. There are always lots of problems (I love my Enclave but the quality is not the best) but when people have ongoing troubles or problems with a dealership there is always a CSR from Buick that chimes in. Every case I have seen has been quickly run up the ladder and corrected to the owner's satisfaction. The CSR is always reading the posts, and has the clout to get things done. This tells me that they understand that they have had some problems with build quality and are willing to do whatever it takes to make their customers happy. I wish all the forums had reps that could help, it would make life much easier.
kaug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #24

I will toss this out. I'm not impressed with Jayco customer service. I had a piece of trim in my black water tank, causing the black water valve not to close. Not the round cut out, but a piece of the trim work. Somebody bent it in half, and tossed it down the toliet. Anyway, when Jayco was contacted, and told what happen, all I got for an answer is "sometimes that happens." No "I'm sorry", no "let me repay you for the outside valve you had to buy", no nothing. The valve worked fine for about the first 3 dumps, then I had problems. I bought a valve that goes on the end of the pipe, and closed it, filled the black water valve up to the top of the toliet, then pulled the valve and it came out. I put some pictures on my profile page.
Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #25

We have had more problems than most people on this board. Jayco has taken care of every item except one. That one is because I really don't plan on spending time in a motel while the incompetent selling dealership fixes it. The selling dealer is 1400 miles from our home in Idaho. Do they care about their customers and product??? I believe they do.

Mike
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #26

As the new owner of a used rig (which came with no manuals or records), I've been on a steep learning curve. I have had to contact Jayco's customer service multiple times for information about a range of things. They have been very responsive and helpful, even though my rig is 12 years old and certainly not under warranty. Frankly, I've been pleasantly surprised, as I had expected they would just direct me to a local dealer. It has been so nice to be able to go right to the "source" for information, and the accuracy of the information received has always been high.

Now if I could find a good local mechanic who is experienced & has the setup to deal with the e-450 chassis & running gear...

2000 Jayco Designer 3230
32' - E450 - Triton V10
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #27

I always believe there's a backside to each story. I live in N.E. Pa. I found a dealer approximately 150 miles from my home who was quoting me the best price for a new 2013 26 RLS. Not wanting to drive that 300 miles trip for service, I contacted a dealer who was 10 miles away. They matched the price and I gladly bought my trailer from them. While having my hitch installed, I had a chance to talk to the service manager. I told him my story and how I was thrilled to do business with his dealership. He told me that they would have honored warranty work on my trailer if I bought it elsewhere, but they have a policy of working first on those trailers which were purchased at their dealership. I told him that I understood and appreciated that. It makes sense to cater to those customer who patronize their business. I often wonder how many of these dealership issues are due to requesting service from a non-selling dealership. Just my humble observation.
1 Wife
....and empty pockets
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohorse View Post
I always believe there's a backside to each story. I often wonder how many of these dealership issues are due to requesting service from a non-selling dealership. Just my humble observation.
That is exactly what happens in many cases. Those who bought there have top priority Unfortunately though there are too many dealers who only want the sale and their service depts have a lot to be desired.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I would put money on it that Jayco checks in (lurking) on JOF and some of the other RV forums. I'm sure they want to know what is being said about their products, and the competition.

Just my thoughts.

Bob
I was looking around this site and went to my profile. There is a place at the bottom of the page that shows the last 10 visitors to look at your profile. I found a couple of interesting things about some of my visitors. Several of the visitors to my page(well 2 anyways)have been members for up to 2 years. Now, that in itself is not unusual, but what I did find unusual, was that neither of those 2 visitors had made even 1 post in nearly 2 years. Now, all of us here own some kind of an RV. In the time you have owned it, haven't you ever had a question, or at the very least a comment or advice that you posted? One of the biggest reasons I joined was because I had a couple of questions that I was looking for answers for. I have had a TT for the past 10 years, yet questions, concerns, advice, or helping others, was not eliminated just because of 10 years of ownership. I think they are at the very least lurking and reading, and perhaps digging even a little deeper. Hey, but in the end, if it leads to a better product from Jayco, I am all for it!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #30

I did the same thing you did, krackeer. I look at the people in my last 10 visitors list. Two had zero posts, two had one post, one had four posts. What I found most unusual was all five of them are not in the member list. Things like that can lead to suspicion and distrust. One of those not in the member list actually indicated as being on line.

Maybe a moderator can shed some light on these shady goings on.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #31

I think the important thing is how they respond to owners. I've taken it on myself to have a non RV dealer make a repair without preauthorization, and they promptly gave me a full reimbursement due to circumstances. Their customer service comes up with answers, not excuses. In fact, if they turn me down on a request, after my experiences with them I'd have to figure they wre justified. They're available by email or phone, so I'd just as soon they stay off this site.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote