Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #1

Kitchen faucet blocks the water flow

We have a Jayco 2014 Jay Flight 36 BHDS travel trailer which was used for five months last winter here in the Florida Keys.
It has a dual handle kitchen faucet with a pull out nozzle. It worked fine last season. The trailer was stored here from May to early November.
Some times the kitchen faucet blocks the water flow, either spontaneously or when the faucet is turned on. It appears that there is some object inside the faucet that moves with the water against a narrow spot where it block the flow.
I have not been able to find out what brand the faucet is, no markings on the faucet, nothing in the user's guide.
Anyone seen this?
ragnarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

My guess: construction debris was picked up somewhere and got in the line. Take the faucet head apart and see what's in there.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #3

Well.. you can tell your dealer its:

0235342- FAUCET,KITCHEN 8 DOUBLE GOOSENECK BRUSH NICKEL WITH PULLOUT SPRAYER

Does not tell me what brand, just the Jayco Part number.

And that you need another one due to construction debris in the sprayer head. These buggers are spendy ($200 if you were to outright buy one). Better yet, get the dealer to replace it.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #4

Thanks Bob, that would be my guess. I was just puzzled that it took so long for it to appear.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #5

Thanks John,
I will contact the dealer and see what they say. The debris is not in the spray head though, the blockage is still there when I remove the head. I might see if I can get the debris out first. Would be quicker.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarm View Post
Thanks Bob, that would be my guess. I was just puzzled that it took so long for it to appear.
Yeah, you never know. I was always dissatisfied with the water pressure I get out of my kitchen faucet, so I took the faucet head apart thinking I would find something in there. Didn't find anything except 8 screens. Yup, that's not a typo, there were 8 strainer screens in there all stacked up! Blew my mind.

I followed the line down under the sink looking for another screen or filter that could be causing the slow flow. I started to take some things apart, but then decided it wasn't worth it, as long as it's flowing and not leaking, I'm leaving it alone.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #7

Well, disconnected the pull-out line in both ends and blew out the contents. Didn't see anything so I put it back together. It worked for a while but the problem is still there. Tempted to replace the junk even if it is expensive. There are two reverse flow valves, one in the spray head and one at the back end. I guess the problem could be some small grit interfering with the valve in the back end.