Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #1

kitchen sink "fell" on one side, bracket fell out

Our brand new Jayco Precept kitchen sink has "fallen" on one side. After we noticed it "sinking" --ba dum sss)--, we found the wood/bracket combo in a lower cabinet. It was originally secured with a construction adhesive (and then the clear caulk between the sink and the countertop). My guess is that it didn't finish curing before pressure was released.

Yes, it's in warranty. No, it's probably not worth the long wait to take in for something so small.

However, it's the side of the sink that is over the folding "door" for the sponges and two drawers below that. We can not see where the bracket should go, nevermind reach it.

In a perfect world, we'd call Elastigirl Incredible to come put/hold the thing in place for us while the new layer of glue took hold.

Anyone have a better idea? Anyone dealt with anything like this before?

Generally, how do y'all get to stuff in tiny/tight quarters?

Thanks in advance,
Simon & Giselle
GiselleOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
Site Team

That can be very challenging, since originally, all the cabinets were built outside the RV, and attached as completed units on the inside. I can't visualize your folding door, but the drawers will come out. It'll take some creative thought.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:42 PM   #3

I’ve installed under mount sinks before and I would say that you have 2 problems.
#1 is the sink should be completely removed because no telling if the rest of the sink is really attached properly.
#2 this is not a project for an RV jack of all trades and master of none. ( this should be done by a countertop installer).
Your P trap has to be disconnected & sink drain + strainer to do it correctly. You lower the sink and apply the adhesive and while one person holds the sink in place the 2nd. Person places a 2x4 underneath the sink over your drain holes & another 2x4 on the countertop In line with the lower 2x4, then you insert a large “C” clamp thru the sink drain hole to catch the 2x4 and the other end over the top of the upper 2x4 and clamp it all together till it dries properly then your done with that part and now you assemble your plumbing & hook up , now your done and it will never come apart again. ( don’t forget to recaulk)
Old 09-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

Since this is a known issue with our model trailer I took a proactive step and installed additional support with some scrap 2x4's I had laying around. I removed all of the cabinets and worked through the openings.

After this picture was taken I added two support boards that run under each side of the sink and attach at the front of the cabinet so the sink is boxed in underneath it.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #5

Nice job and it looks like you have a full size Sliding drawer under there as well. A picture of that drawer would be nice to see.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Nice job and it looks like you have a full size Sliding drawer under there as well. A picture of that drawer would be nice to see.
There's actually three drawers stacked, bottom being the deepest.

Note with is not a Jayco.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #7

The same thing happen to the sink in our 2021 Precept. We added to our warranty list.
yankeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote