Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Kwikee electric step issue

I've searched the forum and found many threads on Kwikee step problems but none pertaining to what I am experiencing. Here's my problem. The steps work as should going in and out with power step switch on and stay out as should with the switch off, but when I start the engine if they are in they come out. If they are out when I start the engine they stay out. Is there an ignition overide switch somewhere or does the control module contol that? I've checked the ground wire and the 4 pin connector and all are clean and tight. Anyone evr experience this? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

BTW this is on a 2017 Precept 35S

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar RviBrake3
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:10 AM   #2

A few months after we brought our Greyhawk home, it started to do the same thing. Since it was still under warranty, we took it to the dealer. They said it was wired wrong from the factory. They didn't go into detail about the fix, but it worked fine after they fixed it.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.g View Post
A few months after we brought our Greyhawk home, it started to do the same thing. Since it was still under warranty, we took it to the dealer. They said it was wired wrong from the factory. They didn't go into detail about the fix, but it worked fine after they fixed it.

-Michael
Thanks for the input. Pretty sure I've traced my issue to a bad control nodule under the step. We're traveling now so will have to wait on repair. The steps go in eventually and stay in when they do. I will update when I replace the control module.

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar RviBrake3
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote