Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #1

Leak and Arctic Package

I just noticed water on the ground below my JayFlight 29RKS in the bathroom area. I have the Arctic “whatever you call it” insulation package. I crawled under and pressed up on the insulation covering, and it doesn’t seem that it is full of water as was part of my fear.

My question is, it seems I need to get behind the insulation covering below my camper, but it appears to be a single sheet. Should I cut out a section and tape it back or is there a better way?
Moseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
ar.
My question is, it seems I need to get behind the insulation covering below my camper, but it appears to be a single sheet. Should I cut out a section and tape it back or is there a better way?
That's what a dealer or factory would normally do. Cut three sides like a door and tape it back with Gorilla Tape.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
I just noticed water on the ground below my JayFlight 29RKS in the bathroom area. I have the Arctic “whatever you call it” insulation package. I crawled under and pressed up on the insulation covering, and it doesn’t seem that it is full of water as was part of my fear.

If the insulation doesn't feel saturated/full of water, are you confident the water you found came from above the insulation? When my trailer was new, the dealer fixed a leak in the line between our freshwater tanks. The insulation hung WAY down and it was obvious the leak was above the insulation. On yours, could the water have come from somewhere else or ran down along the outside of insulation from somewhere or something else?

If it was my trailer, I'd proceed a little slower before cutting the insulation to rule out other sources.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #4

If you haven't already, check the simple things first. When we first bought our current TT, the hot water lines were not fully tightened on the kitchen faucet or the half bath faucet. Perhaps they worked loose in travel to the dealer or just were never tightened. It wouldn't show up until an hour or so after someone took a shower or we did dishes. I used teflon tape on all the threads, a few wraps on the threads, and that solved the problem for us.

Water doesn't always pool where it is actually leaking. The half bath is about 15 feet from where the water pooled, but the water followed the water line until it finally dripped off and pooled a few feet away on the floor.

-Michael

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote