Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2023, 07:02 AM   #1

Main slide issue on one side

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my main super slide. When bringing the slide back in it's as if one of the motors loses power or the communication signal is lost. So the one side just stops. I then release the button (this happens regardless if I'm using the manual switch or the button on the remote control) and extend it back out fully with no problem. I then bring it in and same thing happens on the same motor every time.

I have gotten around this by pressing the button for about 3 seconds at a time bringing the slide in incrementally then releasing the button. I repeat this until the slide is in. This obviously takes a long time and is not ideal. But the motor doesn't lose power for those 3 second intervals. Only when I keep the button pressed down does the motor seem to lose power and stop. This causes the slide to start getting out of time so I have to extend it back out all the way again to start over again.

And the motor doesn't ever seem to lose power when the slide is extending out. Only when coming in. What is going on here?

Thank you for any suggestions,
Chris
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:47 AM   #2

Can you provide the kind of slide? Swinteck has rails on each slide end at top and bottom or is a rack and pinion type with arms under the slide? Or is it a cable drive?
If it's swinteck you need to find the controller and do the 6 presses of the button and hold on the 7th. This allows the motors to overcurrent. The controller is usually in the basement mounted up between the floor joists.
If you pull the mounting screws and let hang by wires its easier to press the reset switch the 6 and hold 7 until the lights do their thing. The lights will flash out the diagnostic code. It's listed on front of controller.
Then you need to resync the motors.
There are multiple posts on this process on here and lci has YouTube videos on how to do it. Basically you do the controller reset then with slide fully out run slide 2 inches in then back out then in again 2 inches then out again. Repeat with slide fully in then out 2 inches then in out 2 inches. It can take multiple in and outs to resync
Make sure there's no debris like part of rubber seals in the gear racks

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:38 AM   #3

Hi. It is the Schwintek with the top and bottom rails on each side with 2 motors on top. I will try to do a search for the process you are describing to see if that solves anything. Thanks for the input.
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
Hi. It is the Schwintek with the top and bottom rails on each side with 2 motors on top. I will try to do a search for the process you are describing to see if that solves anything. Thanks for the input.
Been there done the process

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote