Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I think both Alpha Ply and EPDM have been discontinued. That is why JAYCO is using the new single ply roofing material.
I noticed that on their web site.

I'm just glad I got my leak patched up two days ago. The rain started about 4 hours ago. So far so good. I just want the patch to hold up for one more trip and until my dealer can get the replacement done.

Three days to "leave for Ft. Wilderness".
__________________

__________________
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:58 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
Have you ever thought about having a truck bed liner sprayed on the roof? If/when I have to replace mine that is what I will be doing...
__________________

__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Hey Ed, I PM'd you, but here's a link to a similar discussion. I think BigJohnD has some good info here:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...oof-31493.html
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Have you ever thought about having a truck bed liner sprayed on the roof? If/when I have to replace mine that is what I will be doing...

I agree with Sean, Line-X or Rhino Lining is the way to go. And it's guaranteed for LIFE.
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2013 Ford F350 6.7L 4x4 CCLB
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
BigJohnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florien, LA
Posts: 1,709
Some like the Line-X or Rhino, and that's fine, just remember, there are different products under those names, and some have no business on a RV roof. Rhino does the truck beds, then has the different product for the RV roof.


I prefer the Flex Armor from the RV Roof guys. They are not people who did truck bed liners and eased into the market of RV roofs. All they do is RV roofs, every day. I'd say they know the sprayed roof deal better than the others. Another problem with the Rhino, is you get too many varying qualities of work across the US (Different installers), kind of like good vs. crappy service centers and dealers. With Flex Armor, just one place, that's it. You know you're going to get very good service. I do know a few guys that have the Flex Armor. Forest River actually paid to have it done to a motorhome, under warranty, as it was cheaper than bringing it back to Elkhart and putting a new roof on.


If it were my money, and I needed a roof, off to Florida I'd go to visit the RV Roof guys. If you need any contact info, I have that as well. They're always happy to give you a quote, or send you a sample of the stuff.
__________________
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-9 / Little John-6 / Iva-2
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Some like the Line-X or Rhino, and that's fine, just remember, there are different products under those names, and some have no business on a RV roof. Rhino does the truck beds, then has the different product for the RV roof.


I prefer the Flex Armor from the RV Roof guys. They are not people who did truck bed liners and eased into the market of RV roofs. All they do is RV roofs, every day. I'd say they know the sprayed roof deal better than the others. Another problem with the Rhino, is you get too many varying qualities of work across the US (Different installers), kind of like good vs. crappy service centers and dealers. With Flex Armor, just one place, that's it. You know you're going to get very good service. I do know a few guys that have the Flex Armor. Forest River actually paid to have it done to a motorhome, under warranty, as it was cheaper than bringing it back to Elkhart and putting a new roof on.


If it were my money, and I needed a roof, off to Florida I'd go to visit the RV Roof guys. If you need any contact info, I have that as well. They're always happy to give you a quote, or send you a sample of the stuff.
Their Web site shows multiple locations. One in Madison, MS which is closer to me than Florida. Are you saying their remote dealers aren't as good?
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
BigJohnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florien, LA
Posts: 1,709
Ok, there was only one at one time. I stand, or sit corrected on that one. Sorry about that. When I was looking at having it done a while back, it was pretty much Florida. That's where we were going to go to have ours done, which is pretty much the home of the place. I can't vouch for the other locations and how good their work is. I only know some people that have had it done at the original location.
__________________
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-9 / Little John-6 / Iva-2
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:13 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Ok, there was only one at one time. I stand, or sit corrected on that one. Sorry about that. When I was looking at having it done a while back, it was pretty much Florida. That's where we were going to go to have ours done, which is pretty much the home of the place. I can't vouch for the other locations and how good their work is. I only know some people that have had it done at the original location.
Thanks John. I was mainly making sure we were talking about the same company. There is another company with a similar name in Florida, but the FlexArmor one looks better to me and their Madison, MS location is only 230 miles from me vs over 550.

I have been communicating with Gary Patterson, owner of the Madison, MS location and am going to drive over to see him right after the first of the year. I want to see his operation and just get a good look see. I am definitely leaning this way.
__________________
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Have you ever thought about having a truck bed liner sprayed on the roof? If/when I have to replace mine that is what I will be doing...
I'm leaning toward a sprayed on roof from RV Roof Sprayed Sealant. It is cheaper than replacing the OEM type rubber roof and appears to be much better. I have lost all faith in the membrane type rubber roofs and their 12 year warranty is a joke.
__________________
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I'm leaning toward a sprayed on roof from RV Roof Sprayed Sealant. It is cheaper than replacing the OEM type rubber roof and appears to be much better. I have lost all faith in the membrane type rubber roofs and their 12 year warranty is a joke.
Hey Ed, keep us updated. And good luck!

I'm VERY interested in how this goes for you.
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.