Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
We also like the floor plan lots of room (we live in it 5-6 months a year). It's just poor workmanship. I don't think they can read a tape measure or a level. Did Jayco quit making the 330rlts after 2 years for a reason? We sold a Carriage 5th wheel to get this trailer.
Ernie, if we had known that this was going to be a problem we would have kept our Montana and saved a LOT of money. Hopefully the floor plan will keep the price up and resale in a few years will be good. I really can't see how Jayco could have made much on the 330RLTS with all the warranty issues. Hopefully with just a two year run the price will stay up.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Ernie, if we had known that this was going to be a problem we would have kept our Montana and saved a LOT of money. Hopefully the floor plan will keep the price up and resale in a few years will be good. I really can't see how Jayco could have made much on the 330RLTS with all the warranty issues. Hopefully with just a two year run the price will stay up.
I guess we'll just have to make the best of it. We're leaving next Thursday for 4 1/2 months. I will fix some of things that are wrong & the rest of it will get fixed when we get back in October. Thank god for 2 year warranty.

Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #13

Sorry to hear your having so many problems.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
Sorry to hear your having so many problems.
LOL, I would be willing to bet that you are not half as sorry as we are. I do have to say that Jayco has been good about fixing things altho a little slow on the pay back part. We had to wait for 4 months to get reimbursed for the greasy brakes. They have answered our calls and recommended us to different dealers that did fix things correctly the first time. It is just a shame that a higher end trailer has so many problems dealing with human error.

Hopefully this will be our last set of issues and I can make a positive report next time. I really hate that we will be without our trailer for several weeks. We use it a lot and live in it about 8 or 9 months a year. Saddly for us we will be loosing most of the month of June.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #15

Jayco was good about fixing the few issues I had on my 08 Eagle. The problem with the entire RV Industry is they police themselves when it comes to quality, workmanship, and engineering. The RVIA is owned and funded by the RV Manufacturers, so looking at them, or their standards, it is like the fox watching the hen house. As a whole the RV Industry seems to be lax these days, and you would think they would want to earn my business.